Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Walk the seasons from Spring to Winter...

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

Default Walk the seasons from Spring to Winter...

Secret of Mana! Remade! Hype!

Reserving a general thread for this glorious nostalgia wave. Bonus points if they never fixed the Mana Sword glitch. I've watched a few YouTube videos; Primm is annoying and a total roastie with cutscenes devoted. The remixed soundtrack is mediocre so far, but there's lots of potential for greatness. Namely Meridian Dance.

Anyway! Fun game!

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

This game came at a time when I am flat broke, so I'll have to hold off for awhile unfortunately.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Super excited for this game. Especially since it retains 3-player co-op meaning it's the first game I can play with my two kids!

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    Super excited for this game. Especially since it retains 3-player co-op meaning it's the first game I can play with my two kids! cats!

Honestly, I prefer the graphics on the original. The new visuals seem a little...basic. At least for the characters (the innkeeper doesn't even dance any more!).

That said, I'm very excited that the game is getting a remake. Wish it was coming to the Switch, but oh well. I'll probably get it for Steam eventually.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Articles

Good news, you can switch to the original SNES soundtrack at any time, and the shopkeepers defintely dance.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Articles

I bring dark news.... no cannon animations.

Also one of the main female voice actors (who plays Luka among others) hasss a horrible lisssssp and it drivessss me inssssane.

The colour palette is crazy bright. I really like it, it's something a bit different to most current gen games.

Articles

Couple of other points: It's made my PS4 crash a couple of times and doing a cheeky Google reveals I'm not the only one. Ugh.

Also the voice acting, particularly for NPCs, is bad. I mean really, really bad. King Truffle's kingdom is the absolute pinnacle of awful. Like, there's a dozen voiced NPCs there and it seems every single actor received the direction "talk like an imbecile". Bloody hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Couple of other points: It's made my PS4 crash a couple of times and doing a cheeky Google reveals I'm not the only one. Ugh.

Also the voice acting, particularly for NPCs, is bad. I mean really, really bad. King Truffle's kingdom is the absolute pinnacle of awful. Like, there's a dozen voiced NPCs there and it seems every single actor received the direction "talk like an imbecile". Bloody hell.
    Can you turn voices off?
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Articles

You can control the volume of them yeah.

Articles

Really, really frustrating how much this game crashes, especially when you've just got a rare drop. It's atrocious that they released it in this state, the only PS4 game I've played that was this bad was Mass Effect Andromeda.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Really, really frustrating how much this game crashes, especially when you've just got a rare drop. It's atrocious that they released it in this state, the only PS4 game I've played that was this bad was Mass Effect Andromeda.
    Ouch. I wonder if the PC version is more stable.

Articles

When I was looking into this to see if it was just me (and it really isn't) a lot of people were complaining about crashes on the Steam version too sadly.

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

Wonder if it was rushed out on people. Honestly I’d rather wait a few extra months for a game then have it be nothing but bugs and crashes.