View Poll Results: What Franchise would you like to see a new game from?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Final Fantasy

1 12.50%
  • Chrono Trigger

4 50.00%
  • Breath of Fire

0 0%
  • Earthbound/Mother

0 0%
  • Ogre Battle

0 0%
  • Other

3 37.50%

Thread: What would you like to see come out next?

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

Default What would you like to see come out next?

Like the title implies what series would you like to see make another great game.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Too many to count really.

Of the list you have:

Chrono 3 or even a simple remaster of Trigger or Cross wouldn't be a bad idea. As long as Kato and Mitsuda are involved, I wouldn't be against the idea of SE making a new entry or playing around with the older entries.

Breath of Fire is a bit more complicated cause I'm still a bit annoyed with how BoFVI turned out, and with Capcom's track record of late, I think it may be for the best the series ended, unless Capcom assured fans they were going to take a sequel seriously this time. Then again, I would love for Capcom to create a Collection of the series for modern consoles. Port the first five entries as a collection like the Mega Man titles. I would only wish that Capcom put some effort into it (not likely) and actually retranslate all the games with better localization.

Ogre Battle would be interesting, and a good way of getting Matsuno to do something besides help scandalous kickstarter programs that swindle people's money. In this case, I would really hope SE would actually make a new entry in the series as opposed to a remake or reboot. If they can't give me that, then how about a new Ivalice game?

On the flip side, in terms of games not mentioned. I would love for Namco to give us a remaster of the Xenosaga series. It will never likely happen but I feel it deserves to get a revamp. I also wish FROM Software and Sony should team up to do a remake of Demon's Souls now that the servers will be done for good after this month. I've been replaying it recently and it's a great if clunky game that could really benefit from being updated with some of the the things the team have learned from the rest of the Souls series.It would also help give it more exposure since it eventually got overshadowed by the superior Dark Souls franchise.

I also wouldn't mind if SE did something with Xenogears. They'e been teasing interest in the IP for the last couple of years, and I would love for them to either re-release it with a better translation/voice acting as a minor remaster as part of a PS1 Era collection (let's do a set with Musashi, Front Mission 3, Bushido Blade, and Vagrant Story) or even actually make a new title that will likely fail to live up to the original. Just stop teasing me about it.

Konami, will likely never do anything I would care about again. With that said, they could do some things to get back into my good graces, starting with releasing P.T. Demo again cause hot damn that should never had been taken down. While Suikoden is dead, like Capcom, a collection for modern systems would be grand, especially since they kind of screwed it up last time. An arcade collection would be nice as well but I'm painfully aware that too many of the titles I love are sidelined for licensing issues.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I don't think a new Chrono Trigger would make anyone happy past the initial hype. Revisiting the game, it really does feel like lightning in a bottle (for people who remember my thoughts on the game, yes, I am playing it again and yes, I'm enjoying it a lot more this time).

Tri Ace has been really spotty lately with Star Ocean 5 and Lightning Returns (which I believe they co-developed), but I'd really like to see them do Valkyrie Profile 3. I mean, Indivisible looks great, but there's something about the look and feel of Valkyrie Profile that's hard to replicate. I'm also hoping TWEWY does well enough on the Switch to give us a fully realized sequel. I don't want a follow up to the first game, I just want to see the game's concepts expanded upon.
    Returners Represent!

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

All I care about is Wild ARMs. (I would love a new Breath of Fire game, though.) None of the other examples are in danger of not having a sequel or ever really grabbed me, so I'm just holding out for more Wild ARMs—even localising a few that already exist would satisfy me.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

I've been playing Chrono Trigger again and enjoying my second go through at it and it would be nice to see a remaster of this game of sorts, I'm not sure if giving it better graphics would be best for it cause I would partially rather keep the original feel of the game, keep the same dynamics. It would be nice though, other than that only think I would really want is more FF titles be remastered. Not completely done over, mind you, just what they have done with VII, IX, and XII.
    - I'm getting sick of this! Thou art such a pain in the...! Confound it all! I'm starting to talk like you! - Sabin (FFVI)

- Shut up! You spoony Bard! - Tella (FFIV)

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Edge7 View Post
    I don't think a new Chrono Trigger would make anyone happy past the initial hype. Revisiting the game, it really does feel like lightning in a bottle (for people who remember my thoughts on the game, yes, I am playing it again and yes, I'm enjoying it a lot more this time).

Tri Ace has been really spotty lately with Star Ocean 5 and Lightning Returns (which I believe they co-developed), but I'd really like to see them do Valkyrie Profile 3. I mean, Indivisible looks great, but there's something about the look and feel of Valkyrie Profile that's hard to replicate. I'm also hoping TWEWY does well enough on the Switch to give us a fully realized sequel. I don't want a follow up to the first game, I just want to see the game's concepts expanded upon.
    You might be getting one of your wishes... Though I'm going to say it's a most likely a mobile port of the first game.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Jiro View Post
    All I care about is Wild ARMs. (I would love a new Breath of Fire game, though.) None of the other examples are in danger of not having a sequel or ever really grabbed me, so I'm just holding out for more Wild ARMs—even localising a few that already exist would satisfy me.
    Count me in here.

Also Suikoden. And Vandal Hearts. And Grandia. Just give me more of my actual childhood - thanks gamindustri

FFXIV Character

Bartholomew Drizzle (Exodus)

I'd pay premium for a new game in the style of the first Parasite Eve. And I mean with the same battle system, artsyle, Yoko Shimomura, customization, and preferably protagonist.
    For better or worse, to be a fan of Final Fantasy is to witness history in the making.

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

This guy gets it! I'd like an HD remake of Parasite Eve 2 but people in hell also want ice water.

Bushido Blade 3, Zweihander (see what i did there), Vagrant Story, or the curveball of an updated version of Chocobo Racing. It was a really fun Mario Kart knockoff!