Thread: Pitiable characters

Default Pitiable characters

(I'm not sure if there's a thread like this here already)

Most (if not all) of the FF characters have their own dark/tragic story.

For example: Zidane; after years of searching for his home, finds that his actual home is a "dump", that he's not even human. Dagger; everything was taken from her, her parents, kingdom etc.

So who are those characters that you find pitiable, and whom your heart goes to?
    "I'm a general, not some opera floozy!"

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I don't think any character has ever hit me as hard as Cyan and Vivi have.

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

I agree with Wolf. Came here to say Cyan.

You single handedly hold off an enemy invasion only to watch them poison and kill every person you ever loved. Furthermore you are forced to see them go to the “Otherside” on the train only to feel helpless. It’s brutal.

Rydia. Lost her mom and her village at a very young age.

Gau. Mother died in childbirth giving birth to him, dad assumed that he was a monster and threw him into the wild. Grows up into a teen and finds dad again, finds out that father is mentally ill, but Gau believes that just knowing that his dad is okay is enough.

Cloud. Grew up as the towns misfit and thought that being like the war hero Sephiroth would get him loved and noticed. Failed to get into soldier and then lost his village and mum while Sephiroth burnt down and massacred his town. Attempted to injure Sephiroth, but Sephiroth stabbed him back. Woke up five years later after spending time in a experimental lab only to see his best friend be shot several times. Cloud then confuses his memories with Zack's due to being in a lab and trauma.

Quistis. I don't like her, but her crush "telling her to go speak to a wall ", is really rough.

Zidane. Garnet. Just Garnet. Garnet just goes through traumatic experience to traumatic experience.

Quote Originally Posted by maybee View Post

Quistis. I don't like her, but her crush "telling her to go speak to a wall ", is really rough.
    Haha I forgot about this, Squall is just so insensitive...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another pitiable character for me is Celes.

(SPOILER ALERT: )
    She was forced by the empire to do evil things, She had to betray the only "family" she ever knew because she couldn't take it anymore, She got beaten and chained (and who knows what other cruel things were done to her) She's got nowhere to go, no friends no family, the returners didn't really trust her except for Locke, but even he doubted her at one point, She lost her granddad Cid and attempted suicide, After finding her courage back, she discovers that Locke is looking for phoenix magicite to revive Rachel....
    "I'm a general, not some opera floozy!"

Articles
    Blog Entries

Ashe loses her father and husband to Imperial invaders, is forced to flee her home, is denied help from her Uncle and is betrayed by those closest to her, and is so desperate to regain her life that her only course of action is to enlist the party for help, which consists of 3 petty thieves who wanted to rob her home, and the man who may or may no have killed her father.
    And Penelo.

Hell, Balthier, Fran and Basch are all expatriates who fled their homes for varying reasons and never truly reconcile with those they leave behind. The cast of FFXII kinda get a raw deal.
    Returners Represent!

Serah and Noel at the end of FFXIII-2. (SPOILER) Noel’s already lived through the End of Days and had the woman he loved die in his arms, and then the same thing happens to the only living person he cares about. Serah has just worked her butt off with Noel to save the world, only to drop dead. What’s more, she knew it was coming.

C3B18E2C-F91B-4254-93EA-4D90CBAACEEC.gif