View Poll Results: What do you do with the toilet seat when you finish peeing?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am male and I always leave it down

12 48.00%
  • I am male and I always leave it up

3 12.00%
  • I am male and I leave it up at my place but down at other places

1 4.00%
  • I am female so you better leave it down for me!

9 36.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Toilet seat

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Default Toilet seat

I always left the toilet seat up until I had a girlfriend, when she domesticated me to do it properly. She is my wife now and seems to think that because I always leave it down that all guys must be doing that. She also thinks that even for guys who do not live with women, they will leave the toilet seat down when at someone else's house.

So here's a poll. What do you do?

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Have grown up with the rule that if there is a lady in the house, the loo seat is always down. These days idc ? We can put the loo lid down ourselves, if it's up.

Since I am the only female in my home...It can be a challenge to remind the rest about that fact lol.

Why would you leave it up? I just don’t get it.

i leave it the way i used it last. i haven't heard any complaints because it's a silly thing to argue about.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I put the whole lid down to minimise the amount of aerosolised poo that gets on my toothbrush when I flush.

The Nerd Who Knows Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I leave it down. But not just the seat. The seat cover goes down too.

I don't do this for anyone but myself. And if a woman ever brings it up to me I am more likely to start leaving it up out of pettiness.

<PaperStar> live fast, die young, bad plefs do it well

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

when i had housemates we each took responsibility for a public area of the house for cleaning - i had the kitchen and would clean only the kitchen (and my own room) etc.

anyway one of the girls had the bathroom and i kinda went away for a couple months and when i came back i lifted the toilet seat and it was really unpleasantly unclean underneath.

the rest of the bathroom was spotless, fresh and shiny. only the ceramic under the toilet seat was gross.

it occurred to me that the girl had never once lifted a toilet seat in her life. think about that for a few....

i assume her dad was well-trained and always put the seat down

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Who are the two people who voted that they always leave it up, even while guests at OTHER PEOPLE’S HOUSES?????

You go into someone else’s home, use their restroom and leave the seat up?! Who raised you???

I always leave a bathroom in the same condition it was in when I entered. If the seat was up when I got there, the seat is up when I leave. If it was down when I entered, it is down when I leave. My own toilet seat is left down and covered to keep the cat from drinking out of it.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Quote Originally Posted by Shauna View Post
    That Image.JPG
    Is not turning on a light while going to the bathroom a common thing? I think the whole go-by-feel approach isn't really the ideal in this circumstance. I get that not wanting to wake up fully is a concern, but pissing all over your floor or having a 'late night dip' is probably going to have a similar effect.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Haha, as of this moment I am the one percent guy in the poll. At home we have two bathrooms, one near the bedrooms and one far away with a shower stall. I use that one always and I either leave it up or down depending on how I just used it. My wife and two kids use the other bathroom, if I use theirs I lower the seat down for her mainly and to show them, my toilet seat is True Neutral at this point. When I am at other peoples places I lower it down, I like to go back to peoples places I hang with so I'll show them I won't disturb their way of life, while I can preserve my choice.

Pro-Toilet for life
    - I'm getting sick of this! Thou art such a pain in the...! Confound it all! I'm starting to talk like you! - Sabin (FFVI)

- Shut up! You spoony Bard! - Tella (FFIV)

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    it literally takes as much effort to put it down as the dude's effort to put it up
    I came here for this. You could even argue it's easier for the sitters to put it down if you let gravity do the work.*

Also, if you go by the "seat always down" policy, a dude who just wants to pee has to both raise and lower it in one visit. Nah.

There seems to be a lot of contention about this topic so I've assembled an easy HOW TO:

Step 1: Observe Toilet
    Step 2: Adjust Seat As Needed
    Step 3: Use

Hopefully that resolves the issue. Thank you.

*Not recommended for porcelain pots, only the grandma seats.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Jiro View Post
    Is not turning on a light while going to the bathroom a common thing? I think the whole go-by-feel approach isn't really the ideal in this circumstance. I get that not wanting to wake up fully is a concern, but pissing all over your floor or having a 'late night dip' is probably going to have a similar effect.
    I am going to be completely honest here, I have done what that guy did in a well light bathroom in the middle of the day.