Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Needs more love'in

Default Needs more love'in

What characters do you think need more love in the FF series ? What characters do you feel are just too underrated and ignored by the FF fandom ?
    Last edited by maybee; 02-27-2018 at 04:42 AM.

The Turks from FF7 for sure. I liked how even though they were supposed to kill Cloud and friends they worked alongside them more often than not, and on their off days just let them go. It's a shame they'll only ever be remembered as clowns for comic relief thanks to Advent Children.

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Cait Sith by far. He's a fun character to use in my opinion, and I love Slots. I know that one of them can kill you, but I don't think that ever happened with me, and I don't mind him (SPOILER)being a traitor at first because that simply part of the story. I understand that (SPOILER)the fact that he captures Marlene makes it hard to redeem him, but because that never really goes anywhere, so I would be surprised if that's all SquareSoft could think of to ensure you kept him around long enough to redeem himself.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

The cast of XII. They’re a fantastic bunch, all of them, that have far more depth than people give them credit for. Perhaps it’s harder to relate since the story isn’t as character-centered as the others, but they’re still great in that more subtle, grounded way. They’re easily my favorite cast in the numbered series simply because they feel so genuinely human to me.

CELES

Despite the opera scene being one of the most iconic moments in FF history, fans seem to have forgotten about her, I've never seen her in top 10 FF characters or anything - but Lightning is usually there...seriously???
    "I'm a general, not some opera floozy!"

Quote Originally Posted by Krizzy View Post
    CELES

Despite the opera scene being one of the most iconic moments in FF history, fans seem to have forgotten about her, I've never seen her in top 10 FF characters or anything - but Lightning is usually there...seriously???
    Interesting because she's the OG tough soldier girl. It was awesome to see her in World Of Final Fantasy though.

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    The cast of XII. They’re a fantastic bunch, all of them, that have far more depth than people give them credit for. Perhaps it’s harder to relate
    IDK. I too would love to hang around with Fran. ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

Locke. He's always ignored by SE and by the fans, even if he was considered for the first Dissidia. He has a very tragic backstory, and is a very complete character. He's really one of my fave!

Articles
    Blog Entries

Agree with Fynn on the XII cast. Replaying FFVII, I've noticed that Barret and Aerith are much better characters than I originally gave them credit for. I wish Aerith got more screen time, because as it stands the most interesting things about her character are the ones given the least attention.

I was always under the impression that Locke is among the more popular FFVI characters.
    Returners Represent!

Quote Originally Posted by maybee View Post
    Interesting because she's the OG tough soldier girl. It was awesome to see her in World Of Final Fantasy though.
    Yes, I was also so glad to see her in WoFF, we get a glimpse of the opera and she dances with the main characters during the end credits, that makes her a main protagonist too.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva95 View Post
    Locke. He's always ignored by SE and by the fans, even if he was considered for the first Dissidia. He has a very tragic backstory, and is a very complete character. He's really one of my fave!
    Yes, he's ignored not only by fans but by Square too Characters like him and Zidane are my favorites, I'm not into emo ones, like you know.

Yes, he's ignored not only by fans but by Square too Characters like him and Zidane are my favorites, I'm not into emo ones, like you know.
    ... Advent Children Cloud ??

Cloud is emo, but he's kinda cool so he's ok.

I'm referring to Squall and Lightning in particular ^^

Squall is not emo though, Squall has a sort of separation anxiety due to childhood trauma. To be fair, nobody in the Final Fantasy series is really "emo ", Cloud has depression and PTSD, Squall has separation anxiety, and Light is angry because her sister is sleeping inside a crystal.

Squall is not emo though, Squall has a sort of separation anxiety due to childhood trauma. To be fair, nobody in the Final Fantasy series is really "emo ", Cloud has depression and PTSD, Squall has separation anxiety, and Light is angry because her sister is sleeping inside a crystal.
    WORST BIRTHDAY EVER

I'll always have a soft spot for Sabin. That was the era where my friends and I named the characters after ourselves, and that's the one I ended up being. Plus I like his outlook on politics and his ability to walk away from the temptation of power and authority to go live a peaceful life as a monk. A peaceful combat monk; who's always willing to help hold up an entire building to make sure everyone gets out safely

Quote Originally Posted by Example View Post

WORST BIRTHDAY EVER

Worst. Birthday. Ever.