Most videogames (particularly RPGs but not exclusively) are built around this idea of, like, defeating the ultimate opposition and then the game is over. As videogames continue to assert their value as an artistic medium with storytelling capabilities, it seems odd that this truncation of the traditional narrative arc is still the de-facto structure for a videogame.

I've encountered some cool subversions of this as I've done research for my thesis. In stuff like Earthbound, Red Dead Redemption, Journey, Dragon Warrior, Metroid 2, and even Final Fantasy VII, there are playable sections that (mostly, clearly) align with the climax, falling action, and denouement phases of the dramatic arc. But videogames (again, particularly RPGs but not exclusively) tend to favour the whole 'get to the end, kill the boss, then watch an epilogue cut scene' approach which is just .

Do you a) care about narrative structures b) like games that do anything interesting with narrative structure c) have other examples of actually adhering to the dramatic arc?