Thread: My ps4 connects to the internet but not to psn?

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Default My ps4 connects to the internet but not to psn?

I got a new Ps4 Pro today and i'm extremely aggravated.

I did the standard system set up and went into the network settings just fine. It connected to my internet 100% but I can't log in to psn. They aren't doing maintenance.

When I typed in my username and password, it knew to change the name "User1" to "LoneWolfLeonhart" but it doesn't connect to any of my trophies or purchases.

I've tried troubleshooting this thing for hours.

-reset the system
    -reset the router
    -adjusted DNS settings
    -checked for system updates and terms of service
    -put the system into safe mode and did an update there
    -initialized my console back to default settings
    -changed my psn email and password

I can still login to PSN via the internet just fine. I just can't do it on the console itself. When I put a new game in it automatically installed all the updates.

I don't want to contact Sony support because I don't want to do the rope-a-dope of "contact your ISP" to do that and have them say "contact sony".

Just wanted to see if anyone else had this problem.

The two errors I get are

CE-33992-6 "sign in for psn fails during internet connection test"

NW-31294-9 "can't connect to internet"

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I caved and wrote in to PlayStation support and ended my question with "I've already read your website FAQ and couldn't find something that helped there".

The response to my question was "Thanks for your question, check the website FAQ".

I literally said I already did that. It's like they didn't even read it.

I don't like dicking around, so I solved the problem. 8 to 10 hours of troubleshooting later and doing every conceivable thing short of buying a new router, I got rid of it and pocketed the money.

I'm so damn pissed I don't even want to buy Sony products anymore

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I never had this issue with mine. I have the issue of my screen going black for short seconds with mine. Sometimes it won’t happen for days. Sometimes it’s every 10 minutes. Found out it’s an issue with the PS4 pro that some TVs have been able to patch a fix, but my tv did not. Probably for the best you just got your money back.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf Leonhart View Post
    I caved and wrote in to PlayStation support and ended my question with "I've already read your website FAQ and couldn't find something that helped there".

The response to my question was "Thanks for your question, check the website FAQ".

I literally said I already did that. It's like they didn't even read it.

I don't like dicking around, so I solved the problem. 8 to 10 hours of troubleshooting later and doing every conceivable thing short of buying a new router, I got rid of it and pocketed the money.

I'm so damn pissed I don't even want to buy Sony products anymore
    Wait, you returned your PS4 Pro because you couldn't get it to connect to PSN? Why did you buy it in the first place if it was that easy to change your mind? xD

I'm sure the solution will be out there somewhere. I'd have tried Reddit and/or your ISP first though. My ISP is pretty used to issues relating to consoles so they were extremely helpful with getting my problems sorted back when I first got my PS4. Definitely worth a shot if you haven't actually given up yet!

For me, they tried a few things but in the end it was a router issue, so they gave me a new router (different model) and all problems were solved.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Alright, I've calmed down.

But that had me so heated. I still love Sony.

Don't rage and tweet ™

Probably something stupid like NAT settings or firmware firewall on the router not liking the console for some reason