Thread: final fantasy and chill. i need your thoughts on an OST mix on the series

Default final fantasy and chill. i need your thoughts on an OST mix on the series

hey guys as a longtime lover of video game soundtracks, final fantasy has put out classic after classic. i put together an OST mix that I feel flows really nice together with some of my favorite and really wanted your opinion on it: https://youtu.be/Sw67UcVsfaE

im trying to start this on my favorite video game series, so please provide some feedback if you can, and subscribe if you like

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

totpx1gsky22double5no.gif

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Not a bad selection, if I could add any tracks, and I know the series has way too many great ones for this type of playlist to put them all in, I'd add in Dear Friends from FFV, Epitaph from FFVI, and A Face Forgotten from IX. Otherwise, a nice selection.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Not a bad selection, if I could add any tracks, and I know the series has way too many great ones for this type of playlist to put them all in, I'd add in Dear Friends from FFV, Epitaph from FFVI, and A Face Forgotten from IX. Otherwise, a nice selection.
    Thanks for the feedback! I'm working on doing another one and will definitely add these tracks! I'm trying to do a series every week on my channel so if you did enjoy it, please subscribe

Articles
    Blog Entries

It would be remiss not to mention "Eryut Village", "Cerobi Steppe", and "On the Riverbank" from FFXII. But not to just shill for my personal favorite, some other FF songs I find relaxing include "Besaid Island" and "The Sight of Spira" from Final Fantasy X... actually going through the OST now, there's a lot of relaxing music in that game. Shout out to Masashi Hamauzu, I haven't played this game in years, but a lot of (what I assume to be) his tracks stand up there with Uematsu's. "Searching for Friends" always puts my mind at ease.

Anyway, those are just some of my favorites, but this is an incredibly solid playlist! Balamb Garden is a particular fav of mine.
    Returners Represent!