I think you all know what I'm talking about. We all have a favorite game or two. Something that shaped us, helped us grow and stuff. Fills us with a swell of various emotions when it's mentioned. But then... Depending on what game that is.... You have to put up with people talking s*** about it. Some more than others. And that can actually hurt sometimes. Like... These people are insulting something very near and dear to you, as close as a childhood mentor, friend or family. It can be hard for some people to cope with it and not lash out, our at the very least not get angry.

I know mine is FFIX. Tomb Raider 3 is a close second. While the latter simply gave me a female role model to help shape me as a woman (and also love History), ffix gave me... So many things. It actually helped me to prepare myself emotionally for my father's inevitable death (type 1 diabetic... Lost to kidney failure in the end), using aspects of Vivi, Eiko Garnet and even Kuja's situations as a raw example. The thought of death and loss scared me for the longest freaking time and FFIX helped me to come to terms with it...as much as a hypersensitive person can. There's a lot of other reasons why it's been such a huge influence on me, but... I'll save that for some other thread some other time. So, when people throw shade and say in the midst literal of words that it sucks, you bet it's gonna piss me off and want to defend it. I'm just glad I'm able to back off and vent to friends about it rather than argue with people that wouldn't care what i have to say, no matter how accurate or well-worded my rebuttal may be

SO, of course, I'm wondering if I'm alone in this plight. There's gotta be others that has that one deeply influential game that they feel like they have to defend every new and then. I just wanna hear who's got that, what game, why that/those games... And how everyone reacts (our WOULD react) should their Best Game's honor be besmirched. I'd love to hear all about it.

Also, maybe it would help to examine the psychology of people that claim perfectly ok games "suck" as if it's some infallible fact. Maybe. :/