Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hypothetical question

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default Hypothetical question

Let's say for the sake of argument, that SE was going to give VI a remake with some substantial updating/changes to it. What is one thing you hope they change and what is one thing you hope they don't touch?

I'd want them to add party banters, like we have in FFXV, or also in games like Mass Effect or Dragon Age. That way, all the characters could have some interactions with other characters, which would be amazing. Also, I'd love them to add more dept to some of the backstories (particularly Gau) and relationships, now that they have the technology for it.
    However, I wouldn't want them to change the story itself. I want more dept, but with the same story. It's just too good and beautiful to change it.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I’d like them to keep the optional characters optional and secret.

I agree with Shiva95, I'd like the remake to have more interactions and conflicts between the characters like in FFIX. I just love the dialogues between Zidane and the rest and his conflict with Steiner.

I also would like the opera scene to be a little longer.

Speaking of the opera, I think that scene would be a difficult one to remake, they might even end up ruining it, especially if they picked the wrong singer (like in the Japanese concert of aria de mezzo carattere, the singer sounded horrible )

It would also be great, if there's some romantic scenes between Locke and Celes, especially in the ending.

Lastly, some issues should be fixed, like the relationship between Terra and Celes, they seemed like they didn't know each other prior to meeting in Narsche, which is weird.

What do you guys think about the censored scene, the one in which Celes is being beaten, should it be included in the remake? I think it would add more emotion to the game.
    "I'm a general, not some opera floozy!"

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Krizzy View Post

Lastly, some issues should be fixed, like the relationship between Terra and Celes, they seemed like they didn't know each other prior to meeting in Narsche, which is weird.
    I mean, they didn’t. Slave crown and whatnot.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post

I mean, technically Celes should be a bit more informed about Terra seeing how they grew up within Cid's project and they were seen together in a flashback at the emperor's speech. It would be kind of nice to know how Celes felt about Terra the weapon.

My list:

1. More depth of characters background (don't care if there is new scenes... just don't remove anything from the OG... story is flawless, FLAWLESS!!!)

2. I agree with interactions with characters during battle, dialogue or perhaps random events.

3. Voice actors would be neat... but it's like reading a book then watching the movie of the book, you create original looks, sounds and etc from the book to have it come crashing down on you in the movie. (For me it was Harry Potter, in my mind they did have British accents... but they sounded different to me from the movies and it took a little while for me to adjust it)

4. Make it look more modern in graphics, but keep it original as possible and don't add any wacky trout that'll trigger me. (I'm not an angry guy, but you don't mess with the classics)

5. *Death Stare* Do not make the optional/secret characters, rare weapons/armor/relic/espers/etc., DLC... do not make me buy the content in a remake that I can get for free in the OG by grinding and timing... you will get an angry letter.

Overall, I would love and enjoy a remake of FF VI, but if they muck it up I would be way less inclined to purchase it... until it went on sale and even then I'd be hesitant to play it. You just don't mess with the classics man.... I mean, dammit man you just don't.

*sit's in corner, slowing rocking self to sleep*
    - I'm getting sick of this! Thou art such a pain in the...! Confound it all! I'm starting to talk like you! - Sabin (FFVI)

- Shut up! You spoony Bard! - Tella (FFIV)

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post

I mean, technically Celes should be a bit more informed about Terra seeing how they grew up within Cid's project and they were seen together in a flashback at the emperor's speech. It would be kind of nice to know how Celes felt about Terra the weapon.
    Right, actually I was talking about Celes. I'm sure she knew Terra before they met in Narsche. I imagine them growing up together in the empire under Cid's supervision. Would be nice to see their back stories.
    "I'm a general, not some opera floozy!"

I would hope that they change their mind about touching Final Fantasy VI.

FFXIV Character

Cattleya Paphia (Sargatanas)

I'd like a bit more meat to the super optional characters, especially Gogo.

Also, it's not FFVI without Sabin suplexing a train, so definitely keep that.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Additional dialogue. With an ensemble cast, many characters - if it were in real-time with voice acting etc. - would end up having little screentime and it would all be over in a flash. I'd prefer they expand on the scenes that really gave those characters life.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Put actual effort into the dialogue for the World of Ruin part of the game. I really dislike those moments when they have filler chat that happens no matter which characters are in your party.

They won't do it, but how amazing and outright ballsy would it be if the Opera scene still used the SNES style voices? This would be especially amazing if the remake was voice acted.

What they are doing with Octopath Traveller, is where 16-bit games should have went all along. They can go back and do this to FFVI and I wouldn't be sad. Or maybe something more akin to Dragon Quest Builders. I just don't want FFVI to look like FFXV

But even more important is that I don't want stuff cut or censored. Leave the beating, leave the optional suicide attempt

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I wanted to come into here and say no changes, but Dragon Age level side conversations sound amazing.