Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Characters people idolize that aren’t very good people

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    Snape.

He's an asshole who abused children cause his crush never liked him back.
    Yep, this is the big one for me!

Does anyone actually like Snape these days? I feel like people rightly disliking him for his many and varied issues is the norm now.

FFXIV Character

Cattleya Paphia (Sargatanas)

Kratos (the God of War one). Granted, he fits right in with Greek gods.

Doctor Gregory House, anyone? Definitely not a good person. Very toxic. But as Wilson once said, he may not be a good person, but he is a force of good within the universe, and I imagine most of us can agree with that. Unless he's your boss, your subordinate, or your friend. You're alright

FFXIV Character

Arianna Harkness (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post

Dr. Briefs isn't too bad if you don't count the abridged dub. There are a few side characters in Dragonball that are actually pretty good figures as well. Oddly, while Vegeta is terrible at first, he actually grows into a much better figure as the series goes on, especially in Super where he actually turns down fighting in a tournament because Bulma is going to give birth to their daughter.

Honestly, even some of the heroes from FF aren't exactly stellar role models. Leon betrays his friends, Bartz is a total ditz who probably wouldn't have made it half as far without the rest of the cast, Setzer kidnaps women, AVALANCHE blows up reactors and stops the one person actually doing something about the end of the world, Squall is an emotionally detached jerk, Zidane sexually harasses women and steals for a living, X's cast follows a cult that is willing to sacrifice people for temporary relief, Vana'diel is just full of assholes, Ashe spends most of the game debating about nuking her enemies into oblivion, Lightning has major anger management issues and assaults the party all the time... just to name a few.
    Hm, I completely forgot about Dr. Briefs. Haven't seen Super yet either, should probably add it to the list. And you make a good point, most of FF's mains are kind of asshats. Oooh, that reminds me. Luke from Tales of the Abyss. He totally falls into this category.

FFXIV Character

Cattleya Paphia (Sargatanas)

I dunno about Luke, the whole point of his journey is that he's terrible at the start but matures over the course of the game and is actually a decent guy at the end. Also I think everyone agrees he's terrible at the start