View Poll Results: Thoughts ?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nay ! Thou Final Fantasy is hath passed away !

2 16.67%
  • Yes ! Thou Final Fantasy liveth !!!!

10 83.33%
  • I have no opinion on the matter

1 8.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Final Fantasy isn't dead

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    Despite you saying that's your point, I'm really not sure what your point was at all. :S
    My point is that Square used to have a fanbase that would buy anything. Spirits Within, Crystal Chronicles, Revenant Wings, Final Fantasy Fables, etcetera. If it had the "Final Fantasy" name, it would sell, period.

I know, because I used to be one of those people. If I hadn't been, I probably never would have picked up XIII-2. I wouldn't have even looked at Advent Children (and even then, I only caught the Complete version a few years late) or Crystal Chronicles (despite the fact that I really like that game overall, I only looked at it because of the name).

Currently, Square does not have that kind of fanbase. Their customers are a lot more guarded and discerning. Which is, overall, a good thing for consumers. It's not necessarily ideal for Square, though. The purpose of a business is to make money, and they're starting to deviate so much in quality, consistency, and overall mechanics that fans don't know what to expect from the franchise, and are guarded against it.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Of course they still have that fanbase. It’s just not around here.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Hey, don't you pretend I don't exist. I'm sure there are a large number of people in these forums that still buy every main game that comes out on release day. Pretty sure when FFXV was out we were all playing it together. Equally confident that when FFVII Remake and FFXVI comes out, there will be people on these forums playing them on day one.

I mean, look at the poll.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!