View Poll Results: Who is the better MC?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cloud

10 71.43%
  • Zack

4 28.57%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who was the superior protagonist?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

This was way harder than I thought. WK summed it up best for me in his first post. Zack was way more likeable - but Cloud was more interesting while still (for me) remaining likeable to some extent, without being too likeable... Cloud for me is the better protagonist for that reasoning. I will say, however, that I hated Cloud in Crisis Core. He was way too weak and it grated on me. I know that was the point but they made him sound pathetic. I love how he sounds when he's in full-on hero mode, as seen in World of Final Fantasy.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

I always preferred Zack to Cloud. Zack seemed to have some form of personality, whereas Cloud was quite often bland and uninteresting.
    YE RAGIN', AYE?

Quote Originally Posted by Cell View Post
    whereas Cloud was quite often bland and uninteresting.
    I've never understood this reasoning ? How is Cloud bland and uninteresting ? The character isn't who you think he is for most of the game, and you find out that he was this kid who just wanted to be noticed.

How is that bland ?

Quote Originally Posted by maybee View Post
    I've never understood this reasoning ? How is Cloud bland and uninteresting ? The character isn't who you think he is for most of the game, and you find out that he was this kid who just wanted to be noticed.

How is that bland ?
    He must be talking about Advent Children. And to be fair Cloud was pretty bland and uninteresting in that movie. It's like Square completely forgot everything that made him compelling and deep in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Example View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by maybee View Post

How is that bland ?
    He must be talking about Advent Children. And to be fair Cloud was pretty bland and uninteresting in that movie. It's like Square completely forgot everything that made him compelling and deep in the game.
    Yeah Advent Children Cloud is bland. Same with Kingdom Hearts Cloud, which was originally supposed to be Vincent.