Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Take one.

• Improve a Final Fantasy -XIII, had some fascinating ideas, just was poorly executed. Would remove Snow from the game and would make everything less linear. Would make Lightning less immature and aggressive.
    • Dump a Final Fantasy - III, Bye bich.
    • Keep a Final Fantasy the same ( no change ) - I, it's old, but it's fine on it's own being it's simple beginnings.
    • Give a Final Fantasy a new soundtrack - XII, found it really bland and forgettable. I don't think I can remember a single track ?
    • Give a Final Fantasy a new protag or villain - X, Seymour was terrible.
    • Give a Final Fantasy a animated show ( like the Persona games ) - IX, it could make a really cute animated show.
    • Change a battle system/ LVL up system - II, I like this game but we can all agree that II's battle system is bonkers.
    • Make a Final Fantasy easier or harder -V, some bosses could be really frustrating.
    • Make a sequel/ spinoff/ another spinoff -XIV, maybe something offline from those who don't like online games ??
    • Give a new ending or opening - VIII, Would make everything more clear to what's going on.
    • Would remove the Final Fantasy title ( What you think would work best without the FF name attached to it ) - XV, It was down between XII and XV, though XII does work as a Final Fantasy, it's just more down to earth. XV however, tries too hard to please western mainstream gamers and journalists.
    • Change a plot-twist -VII, change the Big Materia sidequest. Have Barret and Cloud stand back and let Shrina fire the materia into the rocket. When the rocket fails, things go back to normal. Have Shrina lie about using the Materia- and then have Avalanche take it back. Have Cid rework for Shrina again for this mission and then escape after his relationship with Shera is redeemed.
    • Would remove your memories around it so you can play it again with a fresh mind - IV, would love to experience the part where Cecil becomes a Paladin again with a fresh mind.
    • Would change the MC into a fluffy lazy cat. - XI, being able to play as a cat would be awesome.
    • Would change/ improve a dungeon or final dungeon. -VI, it just feels really eh and tedious.

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

Improve a Final Fantasy
    VIII, I do like VIII. I really do, but it's dumb. We need more Laguna and just over better character development for everyone.

Dump a Final Fantasy
    III, eh.

Keep a Final Fantasy the same ( no change )
    V, not saying this game is perfect, but I love the way it is.

Give a Final Fantasy a new soundtrack
    I, I know it's an NES title. Let's update it.

Give a Final Fantasy a new protag or villian

Give a Final Fantasy a animated show ( like the Persona games )
    IX, I love this art style and want to see it fully animated.

Change a battle system/ LVL up system
    IV, learning stuff by just leveling is boring. And getting some those skill things in DS weren't straight forward at all.

Make a Final Fantasy easier or harder
    XIV, I can't solo Ultimate Coil. NERF PLZ

Make a sequel/ spinoff/ another spinoff
    X, I've been hearing stuff about another sequel. One that has Auron's kid, Tidus became a blitzball and other shenanigans. They need to play a proper third game.

Give a new ending or opening
    XIII. Bad Etra, BAD. You're a bad Goddess. Think about what you did.

Would remove the Final Fantasy title ( What you think would work best without the FF name attached to it )
    XII, maybe. It's an Ivalice game, but Vagrant Story didn't do too hot without the Final Fantasy brand.

Change a plot-twist

Would remove your memories around it so you can play it again with a fresh mind
    VI, it's be a lot of fun to play through this one again.

Would change the MC into a fluffy lazy cat.
    VII, I'd like to see them derail his character into a mopey brooding guy when he's fluffy.

Would change/ improve a dungeon or final dungeon.
    II, the final leg of this game is even more awful.

I have no idea where to put XI and XV. Never played XI and I'm only like halfway through XV.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by maybee View Post
    Would remove Snow from the game

XII, found it really bland and forgettable. I don't think I can remember a single track ?
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    XII, found it really bland and forgettable. I don't think I can remember a single track ?
    maybee I hope you’re aware that what you’re doing here is spreading hate speech

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    But but....

FF 4 has songs like Battle with the Four Fiends, Theme of Love, Golbez's theme
    FF5 has songs like Exdeath's theme and My Home, Sweet Home
    FF6 has the Opera, Dancing Mad, The Coin Song, The Veldt
    FF7, One Winged Angel, Aerith's theme
    FF8, Eyes On Me, Ride On, Balamb Garden, Fisherman's Horizon
    FF9, Roses of May, You're Not Alone, Melodies of Life
    FF10, Battle with Seymour, To Zanarkand, Suteki na De
    FF12...... idk ?
    FF13, Saber's Edge, The Promise, that weird My Hands song.

Even FF3 which I despise has a rocking Boss theme and Final Battle tune, FF1 has a great battle theme, and FF2 has a pretty underrated track with Castle Pandemonium and the Rebel Army theme.

FF15 which I hate too has the amazing Sunset Waltz song.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

FFXII has Giza Plains, the Boss music, Esper Battle, Eruyt Village, the Phon Coast, Battle for Freedom, To Walk Amongst Gods, the Dalmasca Estersand... I could go on. Two can play at this game

Also, Suteki Da Ne is terrible

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Rabanastre theme, though. Best FFXII music for me, and the one that stays in my mind most often. Dalmasca Estersand and Giza Plains are both top drawer too for memories, but yeah, the actual soundtrack is just awesome.

I do understand people who don't remember much of FFXII OST purely because it's not recent and it's not Uematsu (who is rightly awesome, but that doesn't make any other composer less awesome, which some seem to think).
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

It relies less on strong melodies and focuses more on building atmosphere and giving the game a more cinematic feel. It’s differebt, but not any worse than other FF soundtrack

FFXII has Giza Plains, the Boss music, Esper Battle, Eruyt Village, the Phon Coast, Battle for Freedom, To Walk Amongst Gods, the Dalmasca Estersand... I could go on. Two can play at this game

All forgettable.

Also, Suteki Da Ne is terrible
    SMH.

• Improve a Final Fantasy - XII, it's got a lot of potential but boring.
    • Dump a Final Fantasy - XIII trilogy, no explanation needed
    • Keep a Final Fantasy the same ( no change ) - VI, except for the fact that the romance between Locke and Celes is lacking / IX is almost perfect
    • Give a Final Fantasy a new soundtrack - I don't think any FF needs a new soundtrack
    • Give a Final Fantasy a new protag or villian - VIII, the presence of Squall and Rinoa is hurting the game.
    • Give a Final Fantasy a animated show ( like the Persona games ) - VI and IX
    • Change a battle system/ LVL up system - VIII, I don't like its battle system, drawing magic from villains is time consuming and nonsense
    • Make a Final Fantasy easier or harder - VI, the last battle with Kefka is too easy.
    • Make a sequel/ spinoff/ another spinoff - VI / IX's ending is open ended, a sequel would be interesting.
    • Give a new ending or opening - VI, I'd love to know much more after the battle with Kefka
    • Would remove the Final Fantasy title ( What you think would work best without the FF name attached to it ) - XV, a bunch of boyband members don't belong to FF.
    • Change a plot-twist - Not change but maybe add plot twist, III
    • Would remove your memories around it so you can play it again with a fresh mind - VII, people are raving about it and it's affecting my judgment of the game
    • Would change/ improve a dungeon or final dungeon. - IV, too many dungeons in the game, and the worst is, they all look the same to me.

I agree with Maybee, there isn't any memorable track in the game.
    Last edited by Krizzy; 04-16-2018 at 02:13 PM.
    "I'm a general, not some opera floozy!"