Thread: The 4 DLC Packs announced for 2019 are Ardyn, Aranea, Luna, and Noctis

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Default The 4 DLC Packs announced for 2019 are Ardyn, Aranea, Luna, and Noctis

I'm off to work shortly so I'm gonna post this quick news and bounce. I'm glad the characters have finally been announced. A little bummed that Aranea is getting a shorter episode, but still excited to see where they go with it.

Full article:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/04/...coming-in-2019

The episodes will portray an “alternate grand finale” for the game, showing "a future everyone longed for," meaning a possible outcome that could have existed for each of four characters:

-The first full episode will focus on Ardyn and is tentatively titled The Conflict of the Sage. The episode "portrays the struggles of Ardyn. Witness the resentment he harbored toward Lucis for over 2000 years, and his clashes with the Astrals"

-A smaller “side story” episode will focus on Aranea Highwind of the Niflheim Empire and will focus on the Starscourge disease. "The final day of the Empire turns out to be Aranea's worst day," Square Enix teased.

-A second full episode will let you play as Lunafreya and has the working title The Choice of Freedom. The story is "about Luna's fate, which not even death can free her from. Her battle to save the one she loves overturns the destiny dealt to the Lucian King."

-The final episode is titled The Final Strike and focuses on Noctis "parting way with the Astrals" as he "embarks upon his final battle in order to attain the ideal future for all his people."
    What are your thoughts? Surprised Noctis is getting his own episode? A lot of people were hoping for Iris.

FFXIV Character

Cattleya Paphia (Sargatanas)

Expected Ravus, to be honest. Noctis is an interesting choice.

The other three were pretty predictable (well, Ardyn was already confirmed, but Luna and Aranea were predictable)

Anyhoo, maybe I'll get the super duper PC ultimate version in 2020 including all DLC. I have the base game + season pass on PS4 but yeah

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Sounds interesting and barring Noctis, the others needed more expansion in the plot so these are all good choices though I was hoping for Iris.

So when is Episode Noctis picks his nose coming out ?

I will not let this rest: There is an entire ten year gap in the story. Why can we not have a World of Darkness DLC?

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Ganon View Post
    I will not let this rest: There is an entire ten year gap in the story. Why can we not have a World of Darkness DLC?
    I think the same. I would have liked to have three scenarios (for Prompto, Ignis and Gladio), a bit like we have in FFVI, and then, within these scenarios, we could have seen other characters like Aranea, Iris, Cor, Cindy, etc.

I'm not really interested in alternate stuff, so I hope the episode will still give us some information on the canon. The ones with Aranea and Ardyn seemed fine for that, but I really hope the same for Luna. After all, she does a parallel journey to Noctis', so it would be interesting to see that, with her duties as Oracle. I would have liked Episode Noctis to be about his time in the crystal, but it seems to be only an alternate ending, unfortunately.