Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011

Thread: SaGa Franchise

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

TGS Trailer for Romancing SaGa 3 which is basically the one they did for E3 as well. This one does mention some of the new content like a bonus dungeon, two new scenarios, and New Game + feature. The game now has a Western release of November 11th 2019 and alos mentions that SaGa Scarlet Grace Ambition will be released on December 3rd 2019. Both games will be digital only but Fynn will be happy to know that Romancing SaGa 3 will apparently still be for the Vita out West though Scarlet Graces will not.

True beauty exists in things that last only for a moment.
    Current Mood: THIS IS ALL I EVER SING! THIS IS MY SOUL!!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

A'nutoh Tia (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Shame about Scarlet Graces, but I'll take it!

Also, I feel like I should point this out: the graphics look A LOT better than in RS2. It seems like theyre following the same formula, i.e. classic sprites against HD backgrounds, but they just mesh together so much better. It was pretty weird in RS2 when you had these SNES sprites against these super-polished backgrounds that just seemed out of place.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post

Also, I feel like I should point this out: the graphics look A LOT better than in RS2. It seems like theyre following the same formula, i.e. classic sprites against HD backgrounds, but they just mesh together so much better. It was pretty weird in RS2 when you had these SNES sprites against these super-polished backgrounds that just seemed out of place.
    I imagine part of that is due to the original game's graphic quality. RS2's graphics were closer to FFV while RS3's graphics are a post Chrono Trigger title, so Square was at the top of their game graphics-wise for the system. So imagine the scale up to HD would look less jarring. In RS2, I know they largely changed the backgrounds to HD style while maintaining the traditional sprites for enemies and characters so they didn't have another Steam fiasco.
    True beauty exists in things that last only for a moment.
    Current Mood: THIS IS ALL I EVER SING! THIS IS MY SOUL!!

I . . . am quite sad these will be digital only. RS3 is one of those games I'd love to display. Oh well, such is life, I suppose. I hope they aren't planning that route for the upcoming Star Ocean port too. . _.