11 73.33%
  • Sims 4

3 20.00%
  • i dunno

1 6.67%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FFXV VS Sims 4

Default FFXV VS Sims 4

Voting for Sims 4. At least with DLC you might get some cute heart shaped sofas or something.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I mean, Sims 3 > Sims 4 but Sims 4 still wins out over FFXV in my opinion. Sims 4 isn't bad so much as Sims 3 exists.

FFXIV Character

Cattleya Paphia (Sargatanas)

the sims has 0 appeal to me, so

I haven't played either of those, but even with my reservations about FFXV I'm still more inclined toward it.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

As a Sims fan, I am voting for FFXV. There is nothing SE can do that can outmatch how much EA has not only damaged the reputation of the Sims at this point with an egregious handling of this IP (pretty much everything about TS4 is a mistake), not to mention SE still has a long way to go until they’re EA level cartoony monsters.

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

Sims 4 has a DLC for a DLC.

Quote Originally Posted by Vermachtnis View Post
    Sims 4 has a DLC for a DLC.
    That was disgusting. They didn't even try.

Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post
    I mean, Sims 3 > Sims 4 but Sims 4 still wins out over FFXV in my opinion. Sims 4 isn't bad so much as Sims 3 exists.
    Neither of us has even played FFXV though, to be fair. There's a chance one or both of us might really enjoy it when we buy the Actually Final For Realsies, No Takebacks This Time Honest Edition in a few years' time.

But yeah, Sims 3 >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Sims 4.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

It's only a money grab from you if you pay for it It's not a money grab from me, that's for sure. FFXV was an excellent game from the start to finish when I played it and finished before any DLC existed. No problems here. DLC may exist but that doesn't mean I have to buy it, nor does it mean I have to change my judgment of the game I played at launch.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    It's only a money grab from you if you pay for it It's not a money grab from me, that's for sure. FFXV was an excellent game from the start to finish when I played it and finished before any DLC existed. No problems here. DLC may exist but that doesn't mean I have to buy it, nor does it mean I have to change my judgment of the game I played at launch.
    That's all very well and good but you're missing a fundamental point. You're talking about what you didn't pay for, but you don't realise what you did pay for isn't as good or complete as it could've been. Despite having paid full price for the game, you're still having content gated off from you.

You said that XV DLC didn't exist when you bought the game but that's a bad choice of phrase, as it very much did exist. I was going to say what you mean is "it did exist, it just wasn't for sale" but even that's wrong. The XV DLC was planned from the start, because they announced a Season Pass before the game had even launched. Still don't see a problem? They deliberately removed and deferred sections of the game that they could've completed and included in the launch title so they could make you pay more for it.

Oh, and let's not forget they also did the pre-order bonus and retailer exclusive nonsense too. http://uk.ign.com/articles/2016/11/1...-order-bonuses Want to wait a day or two to see how the review scores are? Don't want to buy from Amazon? smurf you. I know what the response will be: Oh it's just a sword and car decal, who cares? Sure, but explain to me how this benefits you or I as fans and customers in any meaningful way. It doesn't. What it does is reduces and diminishes the game - even in a small way - for the deadly sin of daring to not utilise Square's preferred commercial partner.

Or let me put it another way. If FFVII had removed the Wutai Pagoda, chocobo racing and Cloud/Zack/Vincent flashbacks and made them DLC, and if they'd made Cloud's Nail Bat an Amazon pre-order bonus (did Amazon exist in 97? I bought my FFVII from Woolworths!) would the game be utterly ruined? No. Would it be worse? Yes.

FFXIV Character

Cattleya Paphia (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Still don't see a problem? They deliberately removed and deferred sections of the game that they could've completed and included in the launch title so they could make you pay more for it.
    [citation needed]

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by WarZidane View Post
    Still don't see a problem? They deliberately removed and deferred sections of the game that they could've completed and included in the launch title so they could make you pay more for it.
    [citation needed]
    I feel it was pretty obvious when you reach the part where Gladio leaves the party and then comes back with scars and no explanation. They were a bit better about Prompto and Ignis' sections, but Gladio's departure screamed "play the DLC". We also knew three months before the game's release that all of Noctis' party were getting their own DLC Episodes. Though the nature of said Episodes were never gone into with any detail.

Though I think the one part we're all kind of forgetting here is that the new gameplay mechanics incorporated into said DLC were for the better and I'm not sure they would have come out as well had the game stuck to the title's core battle system. I will also commend them cause unlike say Capcom's troutty way of doing DLC, at least it seems obvious that Squenix developed the DLC after the core game was finished, and didn't simply hide it in the code.

RPGs are very tricky to do DLC for. I mean I love the DLC for Dark Souls, but I would also say it only works because Dark Souls is not really a story driven title, so having major story revelations from the DLC doesn't feel as obnoxious as it would in a more typical Final Fantasy. I think the patches needed to fix Chapter 13 and a few other problems with the game are more concerning. As I've said before, I don't want to encourage Squenix to become like Ubisoft and release half finished products they can fix with a patch later.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Or let me put it another way. If FFVII had removed the Wutai Pagoda, chocobo racing and Cloud/Zack/Vincent flashbacks and made them DLC, and if they'd made Cloud's Nail Bat an Amazon pre-order bonus (did Amazon exist in 97? I bought my FFVII from Woolworths!) would the game be utterly ruined? No. Would it be worse? Yes.
    I get that, but I don't think Square Enix would take the initiative to make these extra things if it weren't for the fact they knew they would be getting paid for it. The money, time and development it takes to do each individual thing these days is growing at a high rate. That's why we get these huge development schedules - even for indie games with no frills - and these things (skins and weapons aside, more talking about 'episodes') are no longer as viable as they once were if you want to include everything else.

They did include the fishing, they did include the cooking, they did include the random endgame dungeon in FFXV. Why would they have to do these episodes?

It's a weird thing. We'll never know if these things would or wouldn't be made if DLC wasn't a thing. It's possible they only do it because of the funding that will provide for it to be viable, or it's possible that it would have been done anyway like you say. It's literally an impossible thing to know for sure unless you're in the company at a high level.

But Sims 4? Hmm. The base game is rather raw... I'm not sure they didn't get the funding for every DLC in the base game despite that. For me, Pokemon is worse. They make you buy the game twice if you want to get everything on your own, despite the differences being so easy for them to integrate into a single game.

Also, for what it's worth, the DLC was free for me since I pre-ordered. Say what you like about the whole pre-ordering thing, but I bought the game at 100% price and got 100% of the game.

Still haven't played the DLC though. xD #someday?
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!