Thread: Mafia Championship Season 5

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Default Mafia Championship Season 5

We all love Mafia, right? It's been a while since we've had a game! But if you want to scratch that itch, EoFF has been invited to take part in a big ol' Mafia game with a bunch of other online communities.

I'd do my own spiel about it, but I'm lazy, so I'll just copy and paste what was sold to me earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Thingyman
    I'm hosting a very big mafia championship tournament, featuring 170 different sites, and would like to extend an invitation to your community, so I'm hoping this is the best way to go about this.

It's a super fun event that's been running since 2013 and it's built a lot of awesome relationships between communities and has even led to several romantic real life relationships if you'd believe it. Essentially, the concept is that each community democratically elects one person to go represent them in the Championship. I'd be stoked to see you guys represented. Hopefully you find this all very interesting and exciting.

Link to the invitation and more details on the event: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...A9VG5p4W4/edit

If you have any questions, I'm here to answer them
    So there we have it, if you fancy taking part get in contact with Thingyman - either on our Discord channel, or you can send a PM. Just make sure you shout in here, since it's one person per community.

As a sidebar, Mafia. It's been a while - how much interest do we have in maybe getting another game set up within the forum? I know we burned out pretty hard on it before!

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

##vote: Del Murder

Based on my experience last year, I wouldn't recommend anyone participate in this one.

Pull my Devil Trigger!

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

After having read some of the event last year, I recommend anyone who really likes mafia to try to participate in this.

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    After having read some of the event last year, I recommend anyone who really likes mafia to try to participate in this.
    And as someone who actually participated in the event, played in it, and had discussions with the staff who runs it...

I would really warn anyone who values an honest and transparent game of mafia against participating in it.

Pull my Devil Trigger!

Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    Yeah Karifean's games and the Persona mafia were my favourites.

Also I think it might be cool to have a Discord mafia. I remember we had a game on the old #eoff IRC and that was a lot of fun.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Yeah, we could set up temp rooms for mafia in the Discord, if people want quickfire rounds. It shouldn't be a terrible means to do the thing, since the mafia peeps can discuss outside of the Discord server.

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I feel like I'm the only one reading this thread that wants to hear what Scruffington has to say about it. Tell me more, buddy.

Articles

Can we not do that in this thread please? We have an interesting offer and potential new games to discuss. He's said his piece - and did so at the time too - and I don't want a potentially productive topic to become dominated by things that were already discussed at length last year. Thank you.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Shauna View Post
    Yeah, we could set up temp rooms for mafia in the Discord, if people want quickfire rounds. It shouldn't be a terrible means to do the thing, since the mafia peeps can discuss outside of the Discord server.
    As a follow up, with you and I included, we would have 6 members interested!

And my question has only been up for a few hours.

(top lels I meant to quote Psy's post not mine now I look a bit crazy)

Thanks a lot for the help, Shauna.

I'm following along here. If anyone has any questions, please do ask away!

I'd be very excited to have your community take part in this epic season.

If anyone is interested in repping EoFF this year, please let me know before the week is over.

A little video to hopefully get you hyped about this season - would love to add your community's name to it