Thread: (spoiler) Logan [he needs to be an Avenger]

Default (spoiler) Logan [he needs to be an Avenger]

Fans have been wanting to see Wolverine join the Avengers since the first movie. Now Logan has bit it in a big way (although Hugh Jackman has expressed interest in his contuing portrayal of the character).

I think the death of a major character in a franchise pretty much negates the possibility of him returning in future installments (with the exception of younger versions in Untold Stories) so if at all possible that the rights to Wolverine revert back to Marvel, I have an idea of how they can replace the actor and keep the continuity.

"All matter is only as strong as itself." Or something like that. I don't remember where I heard it. Basically, a blade made of steel/platinum can cut armor of steel/platinum and one made of diamond can cut diamond so then an Adimantium(Vibranium) blade should be capable of cutting through Logan's skull and since the poisoning has compromised his healing factor, it would be a relatively quick and easy process to remove his brain. Thus this ksuccessful brain transplant of Logan's into a new body would preserve the continuity of his "death", explain the new actor and why he no longer has adimantium/vibranium claws/skeleton. I would expect his healing factor and bone claws to return as the organic structure of his brain remains intact.

There are probably better ways to preserve/transfer Logan to the MCU, comics-relevant ways perhaps. Maybe instead of Logan, Avengers will get X-23. Or maybe Avengers 4 will resurrect more dead heroes than those who died in Avengers 3.

If you want Wolverine to be an Avengers, post your ideas and theories here.
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Logan took place in the future, so he's not really dead. Yet.

That's a good point. We could also argue Deadpool takes place in the future. Defunct Helicarriers, absence of major X-Men characters, Xavier's chair devoid of the man himself. Both Logan and The Gifted regard the X-Men as a hallmark of a previous era. I would be inclined to guess that the Gifted takes place between the Deadpool and Logan timelines.But that's irrelevant, I guess.
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

The X-Men movies are completely unrelated to the MCU movies. They can just do whatever they want. It's like wondering about the continuity issues with Val Kilmer's Batman in The Dark Knight - there's just no point.

Don't Disney/Marvel have the rights back for X-Men? If so, this could be a great opportunity to re-start the X-men and incorporate them into the MCU.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Last I had heard the X-Men were one of the only sets of rights Marvel/Disney didn't have back at this point.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Actually they got them back, along with Fantastic Four. Technically the only franchise they don't have full control of is Spider-Man. Some people were worried Disney would ruin Deadppol 2, at first and now others are hoping New Mutants and Dark Phoenix didn't get axed since they were both still being filmed when the deal went down.

While I'm not against Marvel Studios/Disney releasing the films already in the works, I'm actually a bit excited to see X-Men get a proper reboot, cause frankly, I never felt Fox did a great job with the franchise after the first two movies, and even then, I feel the bar has been set with superhero movies in such a way to make those films feel antiquated at best.

As for the topic, even though he has been a member of the Avengers before in the comic books, I just don't see Wolverine as an Avenger, he'll always be an X-Men to me. I would actually be more excited to see Dr. Doom as a villain in a future Avenger movie than an X-Men cameo.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Oh yeah, I forgot about the whole Fox thing.

I mentioned in another thread that there's a possibility of an MCU Avengers reboot following the (SPOILER)5th film, or even if not they could do what they did with Spider-Man and incorporate him into the Avengers while letting Fox handle the X-Men and related films.