Fans have been wanting to see Wolverine join the Avengers since the first movie. Now Logan has bit it in a big way (although Hugh Jackman has expressed interest in his contuing portrayal of the character).

I think the death of a major character in a franchise pretty much negates the possibility of him returning in future installments (with the exception of younger versions in Untold Stories) so if at all possible that the rights to Wolverine revert back to Marvel, I have an idea of how they can replace the actor and keep the continuity.

"All matter is only as strong as itself." Or something like that. I don't remember where I heard it. Basically, a blade made of steel/platinum can cut armor of steel/platinum and one made of diamond can cut diamond so then an Adimantium(Vibranium) blade should be capable of cutting through Logan's skull and since the poisoning has compromised his healing factor, it would be a relatively quick and easy process to remove his brain. Thus this ksuccessful brain transplant of Logan's into a new body would preserve the continuity of his "death", explain the new actor and why he no longer has adimantium/vibranium claws/skeleton. I would expect his healing factor and bone claws to return as the organic structure of his brain remains intact.

There are probably better ways to preserve/transfer Logan to the MCU, comics-relevant ways perhaps. Maybe instead of Logan, Avengers will get X-23. Or maybe Avengers 4 will resurrect more dead heroes than those who died in Avengers 3.

If you want Wolverine to be an Avengers, post your ideas and theories here.