Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Least Favorite RPG Cast

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

:monster: Least Favorite RPG Cast

We always discuss out favorite characters or games that have great casts, but what about ones where you kind of hated everyone? What are some RPGs you've played where you either strongly disliked or felt completely apathetic about?

Don't know if got a least favourite, but wasn't fond of the Tales Of Berseria cast. Too cliche anime-y and hated the character designs.

Also may get hate for this, but the Persona 4 cast was pretty disappointing compared to the Persona 3 and 5 groups.

Other than Final Fantasy XIII? (jk, Sazh is cool)

Star Ocean: The Last Hope.

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

I was all set to say Tales of Graces, but their worst crime is being dumb. Really, really dumb. Especially Sophie and Asbel. But I don't hate them, they just made me groan a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Devil Survivor. Good God.
    Good thing Fynn is here, I did actively hate the majority of this cast. Especially Yuzu and Keisuke.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

FFXIII. I give Sazh some credit but he would have had a much better character arc if he'd just shot himself.

The rest are one of the worst collections of characters I've ever seen.

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Oh, there is someone far worse.
    Who? There's a lot of candidates.

I can't think of a game with nothing but characters I hate off the top of my head, but FFX comes pretty damn near it, and I find SO2 near unplayable due to Claude and Rena.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Out of all the RPGs I've played I guess it's Sailor Moon Another Story. I never really watched Sailor Moon so I had no connection to the characters. I did hate useless Chibi Moon though.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm oddly surprised that I have to give this to some of the general consensus. Devil Survivors cast is just horrid, with maybe three decent characters and the rest are whiny self-absorbed jerk asses and that bring down whatever fun you may have with the game. Any chance I got to see one of the characters killed or removed from the plot, I took, that's how bad they all are.

Mt second choice would be FFXIII who also took a pretty cool premise and ruined by turning the game into thirty hours of whining and pointless meandering. Sahz excluded, the rest of the cast all have annoying traits that suck away any possibility for me to feel sympathy for them.

Also Final Fantasy Tactics A2. while not as grating as the above examples, most of them are one dimensional beings who would have been better served as generics.

Star Ocean 4, Edge Maverick is quite possibly the single worst protagonist of any JRPG ever. The rest of the cast isn't much better.

Bonus points to Reimi for stepping up to do his damn job while he was moping.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

FFXIII. Vanille for the most over whimsical nonsense or Hope who spent the entire time I played the game (before I gave up) blaming Snow who had pretty much nothing got to do with his mothers death. I found that really annoying. I didn't warm to Lightning at all.

Str8 Pimpin'

Most of the characters in the first Knights of the Old Republic game were pretty damn forgettable. I really preferred the cast of the sequel.