Thread: Bandkanon aka Black Magic Shopkeeper's Final Fantasy Art

Blog Entries

Default Bandkanon aka Black Magic Shopkeeper's Final Fantasy Art

So I finally decided I should post some of my uploads from other platforms onto here. At least all the final fantasy-related stuff. Because why not, yeah? I think I actually did that a long while ago, but the thread has long since been lost to the mists of time or whatever. ...If it even existed. Either way, you'll find that I dabble more in FFIX fanart than anything else (maybe with the occasional VI and V), so if you're looking for any of the others, you're probably gonna be mighty disappointed.

If you're NOT disappointed and are interested in seeing my other stuff, feel free to follow me on the following platforms:
    Tumblr
    Twitter
    Wysp
    Pixiv
    Mastodon

And let's not forget that I have a webcomic going as well:
    banner.png

And without further ado, I present to you... things and stuff.

zid sitting.png
    A warmup sketch of Zidane, sitting.

steiner.png
    Another warmup sketch of Steiner, hopping. And also looking mad.

marcus.png
    Marcus, scowling.

More later.
    Last edited by Black Magic Shopkeeper; 06-27-2018 at 09:58 AM.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

These are excellent

Particularly love the last pic of Marcus. Post more!

Blog Entries

Aye aye, cap'n!

As you might already know, if you've been watching me closely enough, I'm obsessed with Alleyway Jack. The moment I saw the official concept art of him, my eyes were drawn to his delicious waist--I mean, h-his adorable face. So here's a batch dump of some of my favorite doodles of him...

Some of these are with the classic four arms and bad attitude:
    19cf9a4c2f9d1783f101c17aeeb6dbac.pngRELAX.pngSWIPE.pngjack.png

...And in others, he only has two arms (this is part of a story arc, based off my roleplays with him. The outfit is entirely original, too. I take great pride in its design.):
    3de889be2d265a0f7ac80d3c958e9232.pngsittin on a rock.pngccf1391854aa8ca186524bd7fcbc8b5e.pngsemi-deformed jack.png

My most recent sketch was supposed to be entirely Amarant-centric, but somehow Jack managed to worm himself into it...
    amarant & jack.png

That's all for now, I'm out
    jack tableflip.png
    jack out.png
    Last edited by Black Magic Shopkeeper; 05-10-2018 at 06:24 PM.

Blog Entries

Decided to post some more old crap...

princess garnet.pngVIVI.png
    I remember these two images resulted in my first introduction to the FF9 rp community on tumblr, way back in 2k...12, I'm thinking? Upon seeing that they existed, I jumped the bandwagon... haven't left it since.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It is definitely not “crap”, BMS.

This is really excellent work! I’d love to be able to sketch/draw. I’m bobbins at it though. Oh well, at least I’m half-decent at music. Can’t have everything!

Keep up the good work

Blog Entries

Oh hey so I forgot to post this, but FFIX Gaiden has officially broken out of Chapter 1.

I'll be doing a blog post about it when the next chapter has begun, but for now I'm gonna go on a small hiatus. Just to catch up with myself and ... get over these raging nervous-tic-induced headaches.

Anyways, here's some small promotional page previews to sell the damn thing:
    12-prev.png25-prev.png28.png

So yeah check the first chapter out or something.

Meanwhile, here's a slightly unrelated image:
    fossil roo entrance-resize.png
    I was wondering where this had gone.

Blog Entries

Gonna upload just two things today, both of which contain Eiko (and one Gimme Cat).

eiko shroom-resize.pngeiko in wonderland-resize.jpg

These have both gotten somewhat popular on tumblr and mastodon. I guess Eiko is better-liked than I initially believed.

Speaking of, I have a mastodon account now and forgot to mention it. Gonna link that in the OG post.

Blog Entries

I 've developed a hand injury so there won't be art for a while. Gonna try my hardest to work on the comic, but there might not be anything until I'm better. ...If I get better.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

A lot of this is seriously good work! The more I see the more I like.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Blog Entries

Been a while, here's an update:

Drew Zidane at some point, just during a warmup session a while back. I think I was testing out a slightly new color method.

I also drew Kuja, just to see if I could. I hate his clothing it's a pain to draw.

I decided to draw this in response to someone donating on my Ko-Fi account, clearly as a show of gratitude. Also I think I had been really wanting to just... draw Jack kicking Amarant in the shin ineffectively. So it was an excuse. Shin kick of gratitude.

I have taken up trying to achieve a 'daily doodle' sort of regimen, though it only applies to days that I'm NOT scheduled for work. Luckily though, one of my off-days aligned with Garnet's birthday, so I decided to try doodling her and it ended up being Trance Garnet. I was also trying out a newly discovered layer style on Krita that really lends itself to sketchy drawings, called "Dissolve". I like it so much that I might be using it on bigger projects.

I created a mirror archive to my FFIX fancomic, FFIX Gaiden, on Pixiv. But when I was ready to upload, I realized the page count was uneven and had spread-pages broken up. So I quickly threw this together and stuck it on an extra page directly after the title. I'm quite happy with it, regardless of how obviously rushed it is.

That's all for now.