Thread: The Worst

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Moomba The Worst

To counter the other thread, which FF do you consider to be the worst? Side games and sequels count as well, but again, you can only choose one.

Final Fantasy XI for me, just don't like online games. Tactics also bores me to tears. Going to run now before the Tactics fans get me.

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

Tactics Advance

What even is this game. It's too cutsey. And you can't even die. And you play as the bad guy, what the heck.

Just kidding, that was for you Fynn.

No, my worst game is II. I hate almost everything about it. The stat system is poorly executed. The forth party slot is pointless. At least the music was good.

I don't like the MMORPGs, so I never tried FFXI and barely FFXIV, so I won't include them because they would surely be my least favorite ones. So I would say FFVIII. The story is good, but not that great, and I'm not particularly fond of the cast and of the Junction system.

the worst without a doubt is 9, from bad character design to awful game mechanics that were more annoying than fun... there is no other game in the series that comes close to how bad 9 is...

(i'm not counting the MMO's as i don't believe they should have been primary numbered entries...)

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

In terms of the overall franchise, I feel it is no contest that All the Bravest is the worst thing Squenix has ever pumped out. Just a blatant money-grab title that is barely a game and another example of why loot boxes are awful.

In terms of the actual games, I would say XIII is still the poorest entry with the most boring gameplay, the worst setting, a mostly unlikable cast, and easily one of the worst stories within the main franchise.

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Discounting All The Bravest but including spinoffs/sequels, I think I’m going to have to say FFXII Revenant Wings.

Of the main series it would be XIII for me. It’s still not awful though.

Might be kind of interesting to do best, worst, and average of spinoffs come to think of it.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Overall, I still think it’s Dirge of Cerberus. It’s the epitome of everything wrong with the Compilation and has actually ruined FFVII for me for a while. I honestly feel like I got stupider from it and I’m still salty about that.

From the main series, definitely XIII. Dumb story aside, it was the most agonizing experience out of the whole series. It was literally the only one that I had to force myself to finish. And don’t even get me started on the sequels - I know people love XIII-2, but that game had such a profound identity crisis that on top of all the other issues I had with XIII (sans the corridors), they also added more infinitely annoying stuff. Screw XIII and everything about it.

Dirge of Cerberus was beyond terrible, especially from a story standpoint. It's definitely my most hated game of the entire FF franchise, not only because it's awful on its own merits but it ruins the original FF7's plot. Not to mention this was the game that introduced Genesis, the lamest villain in Final Fantasy history.

I also agree with XIII, I gave it 30 hours and it still didn't improve by then.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

FFII

I hated the levelling system and it ruined what was a much-improved story from FFI. There were some genuine great story moments in it as well as my favourite ever overworld theme. However, when I think back, it's all just tedious grinding.
    Last edited by Bubba; 05-25-2018 at 03:28 PM.

FF tactics advance... what the heck is that? The gameplay, the story, the characters, the job system (at some point I get like 1jp/exp so I cannot move forward in the game) sucks. Don't get me wrong, FF tactics is a great game, but advance nope!