Thread: The Average

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Moogle The Average

Which FF do you consider to be the best example of average for the series? You know, an entry that might not be as fantastic as your favorite, but nowhere near as awful as your worst game. Your middle of the road entry if you will. Like the other two threads, please only list one entry and why.

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

X

It's very middling. I like the cast alright and the story was okay. I love the gameplay. Easily the best turn based system. The world is kind of interesting. There's a lot I like and I can't think of anything I hate about it either.

For me, it's FFVII. It's a great game, with a good story, a good cast even if I don't like every character, and good music. I'm just not fond of it like some people are, even if I came to appreciate it with the years.

the average is 4, it's got good story, characters, music, ect... everything about it is good but not great...

XII

Fun gameplay, great characters. Just wish that the story was more exciting.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Probably FFVII actually, I feel it embodies the best and worst aspects of the franchise which prevents me from ever liking it as much as my all-time favorites, but it's not so bad to be condemned as my least favorites.

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I keep debating between IV, VII, or X. I’ll probably give it to VII for the reasons Wolf Canoe stated.

IX. It's ok, I just don't have the love for it that everyone else does. Pretty much the only praise I can give it is that the characters are likable and the music is fantastic. Everything else, meh. The core gameplay in particular is so painfully slow and boring I quit during the final dungeon.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'd probably plump for FFX. Though I don't think I would regard any numbered entry as overall "average". I think they all have polarising elements to their respective story, characters, gameplay etc...

Take FFX for instance. I absolutely loved Blitzball but I wasn't massively keen on the characters. I loved the battle system but hated the voice acting. It had some genuinely beautiful settings but I didn't like the sphere grid. I could probably do the same for all the main entries I've played.

I have to say FFVII.

It has a good gameplay, I like the materia system, it offers the best of the previous franchises and introduces new elements. But, the cast is not that great and the story is ok. I mean, it is not bad, but Ifeel like it has not been fully exploited.

A few years ago FFVII was still my least favorit FF thanks to the fanbase. I think these poor souls have been infected by jenova's cells through their gameplay. XD