Thread: TotalBiscuit dies

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Default TotalBiscuit dies

I'm sure many of you are familiar with his games reviews and his endless pro-consumer stance. I really valued his reviews and insight when it came to buying new games, he definitely helped shape a lot of my purchases. Cancer is smurfing awful and it's terrible when someone dies so young.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-44250597

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I watched his videos now and then but did always appreciate his pro-consumer stance as well. Need more of that in the world. I think I mostly knew him from his involvement in the Starcraft 2 community though.

I didn't know he'd even had cancer before hearing he died though so it was quite a surprise. Hard not to feel especially bad knowing he was less than a year older than me. I'm too young to have people my age dying damn it!

I don't consume much Youtube/Twitch and such until someone link me a video, but I remember watching some of TotalBiscuit's videos back in my League of Legends days. The guy had an incredible voice and his reviews was always interesting and well structured, but I had no idea he has such a big impact on the gaming community.

Like I have said, I know nothing of the vloggers community. Still it's always awful when someone loses its fight against cancer

So you know this adventure of a lifetime? It was quite short, I have to say.
    - TotalBiscuit, from TotalBiscuit and Jesse Cox play Terraria.

God damn I'm gonna miss this guy.

Yeah, I had a huge amount of respect for his opinions and insight. I didn't watch a lot of his videos but I was keenly aware of his impact on gaming communities and journalism. And I loved how he used that influence to help smaller youtubers whenever they were needlessly attacked by bigger names and companies. I used to watch his let's plays while he was still finding his footing in game entertainment. And if he wasn't an influence, then he was an ally to a lot of my favorite voices in journalism and games media. This one's as rough as Monty Oum. A light has been put out in our world