Thread: Game Subscription Services (PS Now, Xbox Game Pass)

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Default Game Subscription Services (PS Now, Xbox Game Pass)

Do you subscribe to any of these?

I don't. I prefer to own the games I play. I also don't like the idea of games going away when my subscription expires.

I used to love going into video stores and being able to rent physical games. I guess it's different now because any game you play leaves an imprint on your console, like having to download the whole thing or the trophy/achievements you get.

I do like Xbox Live and PS Plus, but that's mostly for the discounts. I've never played their "games of the month".

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Are these game streaming services? I don't play any console games that would have acceptable input lag if streamed.

I used to like PS Plus games when Sony was the underdog and actually made available good, triple a games almost every month. Now that they're in the lead, they don't care about good freebies anymore so I never play them.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

There have still been some good games in PS Plus, although I agree they aren't what they once were. I also like the cloud saving and the discounts, though.

EDIT: Actually, just checked the PS Plus games we've been getting over the past year and they're really pretty good tbh.

XCOM 2, Beyond: Two Souls, Mad Max, Rayman Legends, Bloodborne, Ratchet and Clank, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, Batman: The Telltale Series, Darksiders II, Just Cause 3, inFamous: Second Son, Until Dawn, Game of Thrones (Telltale), Life is Strange, etc.

Gutted some of those slipped past me. At least I think they did.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!