• Someone else

3 27.27%
Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 610111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: 2018 World Cup Thread

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

charlie: I'm curious as to why you want Belgium to get crushed by Brazil. Because they beat Japan? Fairly? With dignity and respect given to Japan throughout? Genuinely baffled as to what you have against Belgium who were happy to offer hugs and arms over the shoulders of the Japanese players after the match and didn't cheat once, while Brazil - and particularly Neymar - have been diving left right and center.

As for the issues of theatrics, how do you solve it fairly? My opinion is that if someone shows excessive signs of pain such as Neymar did, they should be ordered off for treatment. The foul can still be given, perhaps even a red card, but if you're in that much pain you shouldn't be on the pitch, you clearly need medical attention - off the pitch - while the the rest of the players carry on without you until you are deemed okay. That should be at least two minutes off the pitch for you if you are rolling around like that and screaming in agony. If you can get fixed up faster than that then perhaps you should just stand up and shut up.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

Yeah, I just want them beaten because they came from 2-0 down to beat Japan in the last minute. I don't care if it was fair or not, I just feel bad for Japan. Plus I want to see a Brazil v France semi-final.
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I mean you do you man, but I think it's pretty silly to cheer on a team known for cheating and deceit instead of a respectful but still attractive team to watch, just because the respectful team beat Japan.

If I were Japan, I'd want Belgium to win it. I'd always like to go on to say that the team who knocked me out of a tournament was the best one. If I lose to a team that loses the next round, it just makes me thing I wasn't good enough for the next round if the people that beat me weren't either.

Japan did great, and I'd love for them to have gone through, but now Belgium are probably the team I feel would be the best and most dignified winners, the kind that Japan would want to win. Most of the other teams left in the competition have something that irk me about them. Croatia, Belgium and England are the teams I'm cheering on at this point, and perhaps a little bit of support for France too. I hope Belgium win it. My ideal quarter final winners would be:

- France, because I don't like Suarez and I really like M'bappe. Pogba factor I suppose, too, but I'm not a massive cheerleader of him.
    - Belgium, because I am more and more disgusted by Neymar the more I watch him, and because Belgium have such an incredible lineup that could actually win it for a relatively tiny nation.
    - Croatia, because I like their team, style and work ethic. Although they were lacking a lot of that in the last match, which is concerning. Not really bothered about Russia. I don't like Putin's policies but I don't blame the players for that.
    - Hopefully England for the other one because I want them to do well for the sake of the four (I think that's right) United players in the squad, plus I don't like the Swedish coach or the Swiss for bringing politics into football. If England goes out to Colombia, I'll go for Colombia, probably.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    If I were Japan, I'd want Belgium to win it. I'd always like to go on to say that the team who knocked me out of a tournament was the best one. If I lose to a team that loses the next round, it just makes me thing I wasn't good enough for the next round if the people that beat me weren't either.
    You were cheering for Liverpool in the 2016 Europa League final then, were you?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

1-0 England.

There’s only one goal in this and I think we’ll get it.

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

Yeah, I'd agree. But this half of the draw is really awful in comparison to the France/Brazil/Belgium/Uruguay half at the moment.
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    You were cheering for Liverpool in the 2016 Europa League final then, were you?
    ...I wasn't even watching it. But I do tend to go for any English team when they're in the final just because I want them to increase the English UEFA Coefficient because I want England to be rated higher than Spain xD

I saw this coming once England started pissing about. They were doing well, then they started getting sloppy pretty quickly once they were in front. They were getting suckered into duels as well when they didn't need to, admittedly due to Colombia baiting them with awful aggressive and anti-sportsmanlike tactics.

Articles

That was an awful 90 minutes of football and I don't think I want to watch anything more with Colombia in it ever again in my life. That's not to say England have been outstanding either though. Ugh.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Let's see if I can get my trouts'n'giggles prediction correct. Not the 2-2 but England on penalties. I think they'll get knocked out honestly because I'm not confident about Pickford or even the likes of Lingard/Rashford for penalties but I still hold hope.

Articles

smurf off colombia!

one of Russia, Croatia, Sweden and England in the WORLD CUP FINAL. Mad!

I don't like the Swedish coach or the Swiss for bringing politics into football.
    I tried to google anything about this regarding the Swedish coach but I wasn't able to find anything. What exactly did he do?

Blog Entries

Final redemption for Southgate

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Honestly I just don't like his general angry nature, he gets into a rage over basically anything. A foul that was nothing? Get in the face of the fourth ref, spitting all over him while you shout your words in his face. There was also a ruckus over the Germans celebrating a goal against his team in the dying minutes, his camp took massive offence to it, not sure why. There's also... and I don't fall into this part of thinking because I have no evidence to it, for me it's just how angry he gets that makes me dislike him... a lot of talk of him being low key racist but personally wouldn't be surprised if that's just because he didn't pick Favourite Player #12345 for the World Cup squad. Allegedly there are really good strikers that could have been picked but he only picks "100% Swedish" players. Not 100% certain what that means but I guess it means there were immigrants that could have played for Sweden but he didn't select them.

Articles

I don't mean to make this personal, but do you not think your less-than-subtle jabs at the Kingdom of Sweden have arisen because you are from New Zealand and the acrimonious history your two nations share?