Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pokémon Let's Go (Pikachu & Eevee)

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Like I said before, I can definitely see how this is Gamefreak perfectly capitalizing on Go’s popularity. People who either got introduced to the series through Go or got back into it through Go will buy it and then when the next proper RPG rolls around in 2019, they’ll buy it. It’s very smart and I really like how this game looks - the point I was making was that I disagree with BoB on what the most of the fandom looks like nowadays, because even with Go, the majority of the Pokémon community is still no longer our generation - it’s younger kids who started with Hoenn and Sinnoh mostly. That’s literally it. I’m not saying Let’s Go is some bad omen or anything, I actually think it looks really cool.

Honestly, if this game really does achieve what it apparently set out to do, it’s one of the more genius things for GF to ever come up with.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

How many kids get into Pokémon through the last two generations of Pokémon? Genuine question, I wonder how much of the buyers are just older people who grew up on Pokémon vs. how many are new to the series and just getting into it from scratch. Games are more popular than they were back then, so more games are bought in general, but I wonder if kids are into Pokémon as much as we were back then. I'm trying to think of which Pokémon the kids were into at the cons but I can't remember. I mean, aside from the obvious Charmander/Bulbasaur/Squirtle/Pikachu/Eevee, kids are still massively into them at the least, but not sure about any (new or old) that kids really cared about outside of them off the top of my head.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

All my evidence is purely anecdotal, since I doubt anyone did actual surveys on this or anything. But frankly, so is yours.

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I don’t mind the Kanto region for this spinoff game, but I would have liked something different. Maybe a game that went to locations from all of the different regions in the games.

Honestly? I think I'd be totally interested in this game if it were set anywhere but Kanto.

But, I'll be passing. Probably. I said I'd be passing on USUM and like a half year later I broke down and got it.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    All my evidence is purely anecdotal, since I doubt anyone did actual surveys on this or anything. But frankly, so is yours.
    100 percent!
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I'd be remiss if I didn't post this.
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

It looks interesting, but I'm probably going to hold out for the next actual Pokemon gaming coming in 2019. I might change my mind if I happen to see the game in front of me and I can jive with it. Even though I probably wouldn't get much enjoyment out of it I like the Pokeball accessory.

I think it's hilarious how salty people are about this game. I mean, there is a reason why when it was announced Nintendo made sure to let everyone know that there will be a traditional Pokemon game. Yet, I have seen countless people act like 9/11 happened all over again and claim that all Pokemone games will be like this now. Like, you morons don't have to buy it. Gamers are so smurfing stupid, and most of them wonder why the general public still doesn't respect the industry.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Sephex View Post
    It looks interesting, but I'm probably going to hold out for the next actual Pokemon gaming coming in 2019. I might change my mind if I happen to see the game in front of me and I can jive with it. Even though I probably wouldn't get much enjoyment out of it I like the Pokeball accessory.

I think it's hilarious how salty people are about this game. I mean, there is a reason why when it was announced Nintendo made sure to let everyone know that there will be a traditional Pokemon game. Yet, I have seen countless people act like 9/11 happened all over again and claim that all Pokemone games will be like this now. Like, you morons don't have to buy it. Gamers are so smurfing stupid, and most of them wonder why the general public still doesn't respect the industry.
    Yeah, I was annoyed at first because I didn't see that announcement that a regular Pmon game was coming out too. Now that I know it, I'm fine. I won't be picking up this game, but hey, whatever works for others.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    I won't be picking up this game, but hey, whatever works for others.
    wow u lying bitch

ALSO GUYS TODAY

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

My wife has been loving this game. I just got it today, and it’s enjoyable so far!