Thread: Reincarnated into Final Fantasy - Where would you go?

Default Reincarnated into Final Fantasy - Where would you go?

Hi everyone,

Hopefully this is a thought-provoking question that generates a bit of fun.

You discover that after death you can be reincarnated into any city/town/village etc in any world of any Final Fantasy game, where would you choose to go and why?

For me, it would have to be Cosmo Canyon, to connect with a deeper spirituality, learn about the planet plus my musical tendencies would probably go down well there.

What about you?

MZ

Zozo -- the weather and music are fantastic, and despite the supposed homicidal tendencies of the residents only one person is actually dead there until the party arrives, so the knife/wrench throwing population is probably more misunderstood than actually dangerous. Probably.

Actually, Mount Zozo with access to Zozo proper is my choice.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

A nice hut on the beach in Besaid. Yes please.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    Inb4 hit by Sin. Remember, Besaid is so ghetto because apparently Sin attacks it a lot.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Bhujerba cause it's the next best sky city after Zeal and Shevat.

12-bhujerba-a.jpg

Luca. Beautiful place and safe from Sin. Guess could become a blitzballer too.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Ergroilnin View Post
    Inb4 hit by Sin. Remember, Besaid is so ghetto because apparently Sin attacks it a lot.
    Way to put a downer on my dream, pal

Rabanastre, imo the most beatiful city in the franchise. Alternatively the Eruyt village for very obvious reasons
    FF games played so far: FFIV; FFVI; FFVII; FFX; FFX-2; FFXII; FFTA; FFXIII Trilogy

Currently playing: Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories (PS3)

Favourite FF games: FFVI; FFXII

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

- Am I there for the atmosphere and safe from imminent doom? By which I mean am I safe from Sin in Besaid, and safe from monsters in Winhill, and safe from all the bad things in Midgar? Do I have the ability to comfortably whoop monster butt during potential excursions because I'm OP?
    - Will I be able to travel around the world from my starting city/town (as opposed to being stuck in one town forever)?

If Yes/Yes: New Bodhum. A world ripe for exploration and discovery, we still haven't seen but a portion of it as far as I can tell, and it looks beautiful. I'd still have the tech provided from Cocoon to keep me in touch with the rest of the world, because in the end I'm a tech guy who likes to browse the web, and it seems they have a lot of good tech in this universe.

If Yes/No: I can't travel? Bawww. Okay, for just the one town... guaranteed to be okay for safety... I'd want good tech but also a pretty world. I think I'll go with Cocoon. Does that count as just one location? If not, maybe Bodhum.

If No/Yes: Probably Luca, since maybee mentioned it's safe from Sin. I'd still like to travel (safely) around FFX's world though. It's beautiful. Shame I'm not safe, but this is probably the closest I'd get to relative safety while traveling in the FF worlds, since they're all full of monsters anyway. May as well have a safe starting point but be able to travel to exotic locations (at a risk, just like all the others).

If No/No: Esther. I'd be pretty safe from most things and they have a wonderful tech system well beyond that of the rest of the world, which still was none too shabby. I suspect I'd get to live a great city life in Esther and that they would have excellent methods of giving a solid outdoorsy feel in various areas of the city-continent. The military seems advanced enough to keep me safe from pretty much anything and their leader, Laguna, is cool.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Very interesting choices and in one case, detailed analysis. The grit of the Midgar slums has a strange feel, maybe I'd be a Wall Market hustler or something..

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Burmecia. I hate rodents, but Burmecians are cool. I want to live in a land of eternal rain./
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

But at least you'll get to spend some time with Wakka before you die, sounds fair.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by maybee View Post
    But at least you'll get to spend some time with Wakka before you die, sounds fair.
    Except he'll likely spend the whole time trying to convert you to Yevonism and have uncomfortable conversations about blitzball and how the Al Bhed are ruining the sport.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by maybee View Post
    Except he'll likely spend the whole time trying to convert you to Yevonism and have uncomfortable conversations about blitzball and how the Al Bhed are ruining the sport.
    Yeah, I’ve changed my mind. I don’t want to live in Besaid anymore.

Kalm is calm
    Wutai has kimonos and kabuki
    Icicle Inn has snowboards and snowmen
    Costa del Sol has bikinis
    Bone Village has... bones

Spirit Zanarkand is the only safe place from Sin... being part of Sin

Near Eruyt for reasons implied above

Hammerhead station because Cindy

Those are all the places from the games I've played (minus VIII because I couldn't think of a good one)

Now Kingdom Hearts:
    Destiny Islands, Traverse Town, Twilight Town, Radiant Garden, Land of Departure (only areas which are not total mutilations of Disney worlds)
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.