Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: E3 2018

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

That's likely the case, but I still feel that trailer would have been more effective if we didn't have the narration. There is enough evidence to show we're in a tough and rumble place of street gangs, cybernetics, and corporate exploitation. We didn't really need generic cyberpunk badass 2055 spelling it out for us.

As for Squenix's showing. Not surprised by how underwhelming it was. Their biggest reveal popped up a day before their press conference, and most of the other titles were things we knew were already in the works. Babylon's Fall has piqued my curiosity. Almost looks like Squenix trying to get into all this Dark Souls love going around.

Hopefully Sony will have a decent showing, cause I'm very likely going to zone E3 out after that.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I thought the trailer for C2077 looked great. Obviously no gameplay but as a piece of world building and scene setting it whet my appetite for more.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

After watching the DQXI English trailer, I'm chuckling to myself cause you can tell it's an example of American Kirby is Hardcore trope, cause DQ is a lot goofier and light-hearted than the trailer made it out to be. With that said, the game doesn't look too bad, getting a bit of a DQVI vibe off of it.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

Missed the entire SE conference. I'll catch up with that tomorrow. Thought Beyond Good & Evil 2 and the new Tom Clancy game looked pretty sick. I'm off work this week so gonna catch up with E3 as much as I can.

Str8 Pimpin'

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post

I would have liked the Cyberpunk 2077 trailer better had it left out the voice-over. It looks promising but I get the feeling it's going to be a GTA/Saints Row clone with an ineffectual "badass" main character. I'll wait to see if future info changes my mind.
    I think the idea that it's gonna be a GTA clone is completely ridiculous. Are you familiar with the source material?
    Obviously I don't.

So I looked it up and saw that it is based on a tabletop RPG, and considering who is making it, it's going to be an RPG. Still the narration kind of didn't sit well for me and made me feel the main character was a bit too generic for my taste, which is not what I want in a cyberpunk story. I'll wait to see if future trailers and info will change my mind, but as far as first impressions go, I'm not dazzled.
    It's very likely that you will be able to create your own character, so whatever personality the trailer dude had, it probably won't matter in the final game.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Maybe. You don't create a character in their last very successful, popular marquee game in open world style.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Death stranding is still wtf

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Overall a little underwhelmed from everyone except Devolver Digital, but I still feel the E3 spirit. I really hope Nintendo brings it tomorrow

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Death Stranding looks as trippy as I imagined it was going to be. Happy to finally get a gameplay trailer, though I can't help but tease Kojima for stuff like the fact it looks like a stealth based courier game over realistic terrain with exciting new features like realistic goosebumps. Isn't the future amazing? I kid, but it's still intriguing, which is what I look for in a trailer. Curious to know how much of the plot was recycled from Silent Hills, cause the switch to an odd horror stealth mode in the end of the trailer feels like something that would have been in that vaporware title.

Quote Originally Posted by Spuuky View Post
    Maybe. You don't create a character in their last very successful, popular marquee game in open world style.
    When the trailer was glitching out at the start there was a message to fans hidden in it where they confirmed character creation.

https://twitter.com/UnluckyBenny/sta...36753495158784

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

The above message in text form:

It's been over 2077 days since we announced our plan to develop Cyberpunk 2077. We released a CGI trailer, gave some interviews and... went dark. Normal procedure for these kind of things - you announce a game and then shut up, roll up our sleeves, and go to work. We wanted to give you The Witcher 3 and both expansions first, which is why this period of staying silent was longer than we planned. Sorry for that.

As soon as we concluded work on Blood and Wine, we were able to go full speed ahead with CP2077's pre-production. But we chose to remain silent. Why? At some point, we made a decision to resume talking about the game only when we have something to show. Something meaningful and substantial. This is because we do realise you've been (im)patiently waiting for a very long time, and we wouldn't like anyone to feel that we're taking this for granted. On the contrary - it gives us a lot of extra motivation. The hype is real, so the sweat and tears need to be real, too .

But, to the point. Today is the day. If you're seeing this, it means you saw the trailer - our vision of Cyberpunk, an alternative version of the future where America is in pieces, megacorporations control all aspects of civilised life, and gangs rule the rest. And, while this world is full of adrenaline, don't let the car chases and guns mislead you. Cyberpunk 2077 is a true single player, story-driven RPG. You'll be able to create your own character and..., well, you'll get to know the rest from what we show at our booth at E3. Be on the lookout for the previews!

Before we finish, you probably have some questions, right?

When? When we told you we would only release the game when it's read, we meant it. We're definitely much, much closer to a release date than we were back then , but it's still not the time to confirm anything, so patience is still required. Quality is the only thing that drives us - it's the beauty of being an independent studio and your own publisher.

How big? Seriously big, but..., to be honest, we have no bloody clue at this point in time. Once we put it all together, we will openly tell you what you can expect. And we promise we'll do this before we start talking about any pre-orders or ask anything of you.

Free DLC/Expansions/DRM? Expect nothing less than you got with The Witcher 3. As for DRM, CP2077 will be 100% DRM-free on PC.

Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?

Once again, thank you for your patience. If you have a minute, do visit cyberpunk.net and share your opinion (about anything) with us. We read everything you post and we treat it very seriously.

Yours, CD PROJEKT RED Team
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Meh, my point still stands that the trailer would have been better for me if they didn't bother with the narration. I'm not usually impressed with flash, which is why the DQXI trailer was hilariously bad in my opinion cause Squenix is trying too hard to convince us lazy westerners that DQ can be as flashy and badass as Final Fantasy, when we all know this game is going to be like most DQ titles, turn based and filled to the brim with bad puns while still being a pretty solid JRPG.

The Death Stranding Trailer was better for me cause it left me with questions. I want to know what the smurf is going on. Cyberpunk 2077 looks like a generic cyber punk game, with the trailer trying to hit up every cliche the genre has produced. That's not to say I feel it will be bad game, but if they were trying to impress me, they failed. So I'm going to hold back any anticipation for it until I see what else it has to offer. I like trailers that leave me wondering, not a highlights reel or showing us the devs did their homework on what the genre can do. I mean for crying out loud guys, this is a cyberpunk game, do something cyberpunkish with your trailer.

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

Sony's format this year really didn't translate well to livestreaming. I'm sure it was bewildering and interesting for those in attendance, but it had way too many voids for livestreaming.

Overall, I think the games revealed I'll be picking up are:

- KHIII
    - Fallout 76
    - TES 6
    - Resident Evil 2
    - Shadow of the Tomb Raider
    - The Division 2
    - Assassin's Creed Odyssey

The Switch has some cool stuff coming to it, hopefully more to be announced today too, but I still haven't picked up that console yet.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Meh, my point still stands that the trailer would have been better for me if they didn't bother with the narration. I'm not usually impressed with flash, which is why the DQXI trailer was hilariously bad in my opinion cause Squenix is trying too hard to convince us lazy westerners that DQ can be as flashy and badass as Final Fantasy, when we all know this game is going to be like most DQ titles, turn based and filled to the brim with bad puns while still being a pretty solid JRPG.

The Death Stranding Trailer was better for me cause it left me with questions. I want to know what the smurf is going on. Cyberpunk 2077 looks like a generic cyber punk game, with the trailer trying to hit up every cliche the genre has produced. That's not to say I feel it will be bad game, but if they were trying to impress me, they failed. So I'm going to hold back any anticipation for it until I see what else it has to offer. I like trailers that leave me wondering, not a highlights reel or showing us the devs did their homework on what the genre can do. I mean for crying out loud guys, this is a cyberpunk game, do something cyberpunkish with your trailer.
    Are you done moving the goalposts now?
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

No need to get your knickers in a twist, you're both entitled and allowed to have your own opinions on games, goalposts be damned.

I got curious about PS4 vs Xbone exclusives this E3. All Xbone games are on Windows, so changed it to Sony vs MS. Seems if you have a PC there are fewer and fewer reasons to have an Xbox One.

MS
    Battletoads
    Gears 5
    Session.
    Forza Horizon 4 (out 2018)
    Crackdown 3
    Ori and the Will of the Wisps
    Halo Infinite
    OUTER WILDS

PS4
    Déraciné
    Spider-Man (out 2018)
    Death Stranding
    Trover Saves the Universe
    Ghost of Tsushima
    The Last of Us Part II
    Fist of the North: Lost Paradise (out 2018)
    Ghost Giant
    Days Gone
    Tetris Effect (out 2018)

Both pretty solid but think Sony edged MS on games this time around. The multiplatform games were excellent for all.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!