• Tottenham

0 0%
  • Liverpool

1 16.67%
  • Chelsea

0 0%
  • Arsenal

0 0%
  • None of the above. Oh, you rebel, you.

1 16.67%
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 2018-19 English Football Season Thread

Said to others, Liverpool are set up to sucker punch teams like Barca with their combination of skill + pace. It showed that no matter what he did last night, Messi just couldn't get away from multiple markers who were just as fast or faster than he was. Without him, Barca looked lost.

Amusing to see Suarez punted out after playing like a complete goit.
    YE RAGIN', AYE?

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

Funnily enough, yesterday afternoon I got recommended a video on youtube. IDK if anyone else follows this series but there's a channel that does a series with managers where they explain their tactics from famous matches they took part in. The one recommended to me was Jose discussing his game plan for Inters 3-1 smashing of Barca in the 2010 champions league. Was very cool to see how he handled Messi in that match and exploited the Barca tactics.

Anyway I sincerely hope Spurs make a comeback against Ajax, and then Liverpool destroy their souls in the final. Should be a good consolation for us winning the league again. (Plez Vinnie save us)

link if anyone is interested

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

I'll either be at work wearing an Ajax shirt tomorrow or not at work having drunk a whole bottle of Ajax cleaning product
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Hoping Ajax win because they deserve to after all they've achieved so far.

Cheers for that link Dan, never watched those before, really interesting!
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I think it goes without saying that I'd rather City win the league then Ajax/Spurs for the European Cup.

Speaking from a purely football perspective though, it would be a travesty if Liverpool don't win a trophy this season. They are just an absolute joy to watch. Klopp has something instilled within the whole squad which is why the loss of some big hitters made no difference whatsoever. I've always begrudgingly admitted that Liverpool have the best home support in the Premier League. Anfield was absolutely bouncing last night. They thoroughly deserved to go through.

Right, that's enough praise as I'm starting to feel sick. Let's go City/Ajax/Spurs!

Quote Originally Posted by DK View Post
    Funnily enough, yesterday afternoon I got recommended a video on youtube. IDK if anyone else follows this series but there's a channel that does a series with managers where they explain their tactics from famous matches they took part in. The one recommended to me was Jose discussing his game plan for Inters 3-1 smashing of Barca in the 2010 champions league. Was very cool to see how he handled Messi in that match and exploited the Barca tactics.

Anyway I sincerely hope Spurs make a comeback against Ajax, and then Liverpool destroy their souls in the final. Should be a good consolation for us winning the league again. (Plez Vinnie save us)

link if anyone is interested
    Though Mourinho got his tactics bang on in this game, that Inter side was still a very good team.

12 Julio Cesar
    04 Zanetti
    06 Lucio
    13 Maicon (Chivu 74)
    25 Samuel
    08 Motta
    10 Sneijder
    19 Cambiasso
    09 Eto'o yellow card
    22 Milito (Balotelli 75)
    27 Pandev (Stankovic 56 yellow card)

That is a quality line up, no matter how you look at it.
    YE RAGIN', AYE?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

So we can officially say now this has been the greatest Champions League competition ever, yes?

I didn’t think it was gonna match the LIVBAR game for drama but boy did it! Absolutely gutted for Ajax. Liverpool still gonna be huge favourites in the final but if Tottenham decide to show up you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    Not while Ronaldo exists I'm afraid. Neither of them will be "indisputably" the best ever while the other is around. I favour Ronaldo personally as Messi has never inspired a mediocre international team to success. Ronaldo has. Not to mention the three European cups on the trot.
    Well, Ronaldo is worse than Messi at football, by a fairly clear margin. His teams certainly haven't always been worse. After all, he did have the advantage of playing with the best player in the world last year, Luka Modric, as per the voting! But yes, I understand there are people who believe that the world is flat, also.

Quite a pair of games this week. I hope all the injuries are cleared up for the final, or at least as many of them as possible. Liverpool certainly deserve one of the two titles they are still in contention for, so I hope they get at least one of them. Klopp seems like the best.

Two of the least likeable teams possible for the final.

I dislike Liverpool slightly less, I honestly shudder to think how much of a love in Spurs will get if they win the champions league.
    YE RAGIN', AYE?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Definitely would prefer Spurs to win, it'd be similar to (but not quite as cool as) Leicester winning the PL. Would have preferred Ajax but hey ho. Also because two teams in the final does this mean THE RISE OF THE PL BEING THE BEST LEAGUE again? I haven't checked BBC but surely these articles are inevitable.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Blog Entries

the champions league

there was a picture here

Wow. What a past couple of days. Maybe the Europa league will.... nah, it won't. But how crazy could it be if we have English clubs in both European finals as both Chelsea and Arsenal are in a good position to advance too!

League strength goes in cycles but I think La Liga is beginning to hit a real down swing as Barcelona AND Madrid clearly need a refresh. Depending on what happens this summer, I think we could see English dominance for the next season or two at least. It does seem like a lot of the top tier managing talent is being drawn to The EPL. Plus, you can't discount the insane amount of money that is filling all of the coffers in the league, which allows even mid table teams to bring in upper level coaching and talent.

With all the madness already, I feel we still have one more twist to the season coming. Could it be that City drop points but then so do Liverpool? It would almost seem fitting. I still have hope as in my opinion City have looked REALLY edgy the last few weeks. They could either blow Brighton away or be fighting for that winning goal into the second half again.

Take care all.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

It's been a pretty crazy season for the Big 6, what with Man City winning the league and Liverpool, Spurs, Arsenal and Chelsea all making European finals. Manchester United have a very nice pink kit and also a Phil Jones so that's something too.

At least if Spurs win, it means Son gets to win.

Honestly just expecting the DID YOU KNOW ANDY ROBERTSON WAS PLAYING FOR QUEEN'S PARK SEVEN YEARS AGO stuff to start up if Liverpool win the final already.
    YE RAGIN', AYE?