• Tottenham

0 0%
  • Liverpool

1 16.67%
  • Chelsea

0 0%
  • Arsenal

0 0%
  • None of the above. Oh, you rebel, you.

1 16.67%
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 2018-19 English Football Season Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post

Onto other things: Urgh, that was hard to watch. Good on Derby, they really played well. We lost mostly due to the inability to get shots on target. Martial missed about five or so shots, including some genuinely good chances, and Lukaku missed a couple of solid ones too. I know they're great players... but damn, I wish we had a van Nistelrooy right now!
    I stand by what I've been saying: your team is doomed if Jose remains your coach. As a Liverpool fan, I hope he stays there forever. He feuds with his players, routinely sets up lineups that don't place them in the best positions to see a game out and does not seem interested in really making adjustments anymore. 3rd year curse is real.

Take care all.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Onto other things: Urgh, that was hard to watch. Good on Derby, they really played well. We lost mostly due to the inability to get shots on target. Martial missed about five or so shots, including some genuinely good chances, and Lukaku missed a couple of solid ones too. I know they're great players... but damn, I wish we had a van Nistelrooy right now!
    I liked the bit when Liverpool's Torres regen Harry Wilson scored and did the 5 times celebration but I also liked the bit where 2005 Champions League winner Scott Carson saved the final penalty.

Also, I think Pogba is more of a problem than Mourinho right now. Don't take shots at your manager in public. Just do not do it. And as for that "Until you see me holding the Barca shirt I am at United" trout? Dude, seriously? You are smurfing privileged to play for Manchester sodding United. Show some smurfing respect to both the club and its fans.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

They're both an issue as far as I'm concerned. It'll be interesting to see what happens if and when we get that Director of Football everyone has been going on about.

As for Pogba, you can kind of see why SAF refused to play him as much as he wanted now.

I wouldn't be surprised if we have a new manager by the end of the season at all. Zidane is the one people seem to say the most. I don't know if we'll get him but the one thing I will say is that I doubt Pogba would mouth off against someone like Zidane as much because Zidane is arguably the best French player in history. I think Mourinho is right to remove the captaincy from Pogba, too. You can't have a captain who says the trout Pogba says.

Still, 2nd last season, we have better players than we did before because we had a better manager who was able to bring them in. Now nobody wants to play for Mourinho so let's get Moyes back and see what he can do with a real group of players!

Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles

Liverpool have, up until this point, been one of the best defences the league has ever seen. This is not hyperbole, the in depth stats show how ridiculous it truly is in how few chances are even being allowed.

Is this an Our Year post? No, Liverpool will not win the league and I'll tell you why. The god tier defence has come at a price. My favourite catchphrase? Well, it's the attack that's Championship tier now. Slow, ponderous and indecisive. They're not without the odd spark of genius but all 3 of our forwards will score fewer goals than last season.

Football is smurfing weird. This season is going to be a lot more boring than any previous Klopp season but maybe my heart needs that.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Is this an Our Year post?
    Sounds more like a Next Year Our Year post...

there was a picture here

So, THIS is what it feels like to have a world class goalie. Alisson has been IMMENSE.

I strangely feel like this team has yet to hit its top gear with so many chances going begging and yet, here we are, into the last 16 and top of the table. I stand by my Liverpool prediction this year. Some of the other ones look pretty ripe as well, though thinking Fulham would finish in the Top half.... eh not so much.

At this point, I really don't care who we draw so long as we get Anfield in the second leg. Losing van Dijk will really put us to the test no matter who we play next, and since we finished second, it's probably going to be quite a good team but that's a ways away yet. Time to refocus on the league and re-light the fire under Jose's seat this weekend.

Take care all.

Articles

I was going to make a post about how Allisson was the best keeper in the league, even better than De Gea, but decided to hold off before this game in case something happened to jinx it. Turns out even thinking it is a jinx. Don't care, still better.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I don't even know how to compare the two until they have an equally good defence in front of them. DDG hasn't visibly dropped in form this season when it comes to making quality saves time and time again, the problem is that he is being tested far, far too often. Allisson I haven't really watched other than the World Cup and the United game, so it's really hard to say based on those games alone. Liverpool definitely has the best defence in the league right now, but I would say that's more down to their defenders than their goalkeeper (but he also comes into it, obviously). They're extremely organised and calm.

So, Psy, do you agree with Cap? Is this Liverpool's year?

It’s certainly not Jose’s year. 3rd year curse FTW.

Who do you guys want as the next manager? Zidane? Conte? Giggs?

Take care all.

Articles

I don't even know how to compare the two until they have an equally good defence in front of them. DDG hasn't visibly dropped in form this season when it comes to making quality saves time and time again, the problem is that he is being tested far, far too often. Allisson I haven't really watched other than the World Cup and the United game, so it's really hard to say based on those games alone. Liverpool definitely has the best defence in the league right now, but I would say that's more down to their defenders than their goalkeeper (but he also comes into it, obviously). They're extremely organised and calm.

So, Psy, do you agree with Cap? Is this Liverpool's year?
    In nearly every other season, yes. This kind of start has only been matched a handful of times over the past 100 years. By now, every other team with this start has a double digit lead. Liverpool have a one point lead. It's just our luck that the one season where we go supernova has another team doing it too!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by The Captain View Post
    It’s certainly not Jose’s year. 3rd year curse FTW.

Who do you guys want as the next manager? Zidane? Conte? Giggs?

Take care all.
    Want? Poch. I'll settle for Zidane. Someone who can get along with players and play attacking football, and isn't afraid to give youth a shot. I wasn't keen on Mourinho pretty much ever because he doesn't fit in with any of those three things, so I'm not bothered about him going.

Supposedly we won't have a new permanent manager this season until we first get a Director of Football set up, which I think is a good decision. Apparently we're going after Mitchell, who previously worked with Poch at Southampton and Tottenham... fingers crossed that works out. We shall have to wait and see!

Blog Entries

(SPOILER)it's their year

Klopp has built a team that should be able to end the drought. If they can get a result at City on Thursday then the bandwagon will really be full.

What fascinates me is I have several friends who are hard core Arsenal fans and they all HATE Emery. Are there any Gunners fans here? What are your thoughts?

Take care all.

Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Old Manus View Post
    (SPOILER)it's their year
    or not

The thing of it is this, we've all seen our teams have off days where they play like 11 hungover strangers and get beaten. Man City had two bizarre off days a couple of weeks ago that got us into this position. That's football, it happens, you write it off as a freak result and move on. Liverpool actually played pretty well tonight, probably better than when we thumped Arsenal 5-1. Man City were just, and are in general, better. Liverpool are a really, really, smurfing good side, but Man City are even better. The title is staying with the champions. And not because of tonight's result, but because of what is to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Manus View Post
    (SPOILER)it's their year
    or not

The thing of it is this, we've all seen our teams have off days where they play like 11 hungover strangers and get beaten. Man City had two bizarre off days a couple of weeks ago that got us into this position. That's football, it happens, you write it off as a freak result and move on. Liverpool actually played pretty well tonight, probably better than when we thumped Arsenal 5-1. Man City were just, and are in general, better. Liverpool are a really, really, smurfing good side, but Man City are even better. The title is staying with the champions. And not because of tonight's result, but because of what is to come.
    Completely disagree here. I actually think losing today is the best thing for winning the title this year. It was exactly the wake up call this team needed after all the pundits were writing the entire season's storylines, saying things were done and dusted. I do not think this Man City team is as good as last year's, they are nowhere near as strong in the depth of their squad, especially in midfield and their defense can have lapses that really screw them, as it had in their losses this season. When they lose their enforcer in the middle, the team looks like they are too unbalanced and any long-term injury there will keep them from hitting the heights of last season. The same could be said about Van Dijk for us of course.

We're halfway home, and I stand by my top four predictions:

Liverpool - We have only 3 "top 6" games left, with two at Anfield. That I think ends up being the difference.
    City - They'll push the entire way but will drop more points, especially if their focus shifts more to Europe which they and Pep are desperate to win.
    Chelsea - Bummed that they get Pulisic, but if they hold onto Hazard the whole year, they'll be right there in the top 4.
    Utd - I said it at the start, but what a difference sacking Jose has made.

Take care all.