• Tottenham

0 0%
  • Liverpool

1 16.67%
  • Chelsea

0 0%
  • Arsenal

0 0%
  • None of the above. Oh, you rebel, you.

1 16.67%
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 2018-19 English Football Season Thread

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

City aren't any worse or have less depth than last year, it's really the same squad that crushed all comers. They had minimal outgoings (Toure) and incomings (Mahrez) and they're quite settled.

Also, you're thinking of a Spurs collapse? Bold!

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    City aren't any worse or have less depth than last year, it's really the same squad that crushed all comers. They had minimal outgoings (Toure) and incomings (Mahrez) and they're quite settled.

Also, you're thinking of a Spurs collapse? Bold!
    Unless Spurs actually make some transfers, they are a Kane injury away from dropping like a stone. He's played A LOT of football in the last year.

Losing Fernandinho for that two game streak exposed how important a player he is this year for them. They are still scoring goals but their goals against is slightly up from a year ago as well and without that enforcer in the middle, the team is a sports car that can't fully throttle its engine. Liverpool are about the same in goals scored but have drastically improved their goals against which is really the main reason why the table is as such. Last year's City team was a once in a lifetime squad, with remarkable success. This year, while very good, they are not unbeatable.

Klopp jokingly said something about getting to 105 points, but I think if Liverpool can make it to 92, they win the league, which is doable with the schedule as it is, especially with 2 of the 3 remaining "Top 6" games at Anfield and with them spread out across the final months.

Take care all.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quite looking forward to the Spurs v Man Utd game this Sunday. As far as I'm concerned, it's a free hit for Solskjaer. He (or just his presence) has already steadied the ship with 5-out-of-5. A loss to Spurs I think is expected (certainly from me) after such a good start. I reckon we should play an attacking line-up, work hard and you never know.

I don't want to think about Liverpool winning the league yet... I'm sure Psy still has my "Come back when you've won 20" quote ready to go when needed.

Tell you what, Interim Manager Andy Serkis has United playing some very good football. He just might keep the job. They have a real shot at 4th.

Big win for Liverpool, who needed to put a victory back on the board after a little skid. Now if Wolves can do a solid and get a point from City, all this crisis talk will be gone as fast as it started. Still think we need to add another defender in this window, so we'll see what unfolds.

Also, is Neymar back to Barca for real or is it just what some of the papers are speculating?

Take care all.

Rafa Benitez, still helping Liverpool out, all these years later.

Take care all.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Spykus Hallideus (Cerberus)

North East football's been weird this year, Newcastle once again under the magic of sir Rafa finding a way to stay up. They broke the record signing for the first time in 14 years almost, since Michael Owen, I was on here talking about it back then I'm sure!
    So that's a positive and a shock tbh, but at least now we're getting a slight taste of why he's so adored in Liverpool to this day.
    AYE and, Sunderland's barely scraping by in League 1 and if they don't get promoted this season they'll end up going into Administration they're in that deep trouble!
    My hometown team, South Shields is climbing the non league tables and may end up in the Conference in a couple of years if this keeps up. NEVER would have thought that was even a possibility.
    Strange times guys, strange times.

LET THE HAMMER FALL

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Just sayin'...

Pic 15.jpg

Pic 14.png

Cannot believe I have to root for United this week. Even a draw will do. Ugh.

Take care all.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by The Captain View Post
    Cannot believe I have to root for United this week.
    After the way we played at the weekend I echo this sentiment.

Articles

Surely the image you posted of a devil reigning triumphantly over the sky blue ice is a portent?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I can honestly see us getting a result.

De Bruyne being out will be a huge miss for City. The Utd players know they have to produce after such an abysmal showing on Sunday, especially in a derby. As much as I'd hate to see Liverpool win the league, there is no way I would rather we lose (which some Utd fans have been saying). I want us to get top four and couldn't care less if it helps Liverpool. If they win the league they will have deserved it, without any help from us.

City have won ten league games in a row. I can't see them extending that any further.

Articles

How can you people stand to watch this dirge week in, week out? Bloody hell, I'm sorry this has happened to your club. Almost.

Also what the actual smurf has happened to David De Gea?

Articles

3 Liverpool defenders in the PFA Team of the Year hahahah what a time to be alive. Hell if gomez/matip had been fit to play the entire season instead of half each they'd be worthy of the 4th spot too as they have both been excellent.

also dabbing carlton palmer is in it for some reason

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    How can you people stand to watch this dirge week in, week out? Bloody hell, I'm sorry this has happened to your club. Almost.

Also what the actual smurf has happened to David De Gea?
    If you mean ours, I actually think we played pretty well on Wednesday despite the result, same with our loss to Barcelona. And it wasn't long ago that we had some great games where we've won, and other games when we've not been great but still won. I'm not sure what it was that started us going downhill again but we had a side playing really good football and either the other teams have figured it out, injuries impacted us too quickly or there just isn't the right mental strength in our squad to keep such a good run going. Right now we seem to turn up for the bigger games and just go AWOL for any club that isn't at Champions League level. The problem being that when we turn up for those top level games, the other teams tend to turn up more than we do.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

Current mood

Sucks.jpg
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"