• Tottenham

0 0%
  • Liverpool

1 16.67%
  • Chelsea

0 0%
  • Arsenal

0 0%
  • None of the above. Oh, you rebel, you.

1 16.67%
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018-19 English Football Season Thread

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

The biggest problem with Jose now is that out of all the big 6 teams, we seem to be the only one who doesn't press the ball. We lose it and retreat. Doesn't seem to be working at all and every shred of confidence our attacking (and seemingly defending now) players we have has been gone long ago. He has to go. It's not gonna change. Wish it could turn around for him as I like Jose, always have!

Str8 Pimpin'

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Edge View Post
    The biggest problem with Jose now is that out of all the big 6 teams, we seem to be the only one who doesn't press the ball. We lose it and retreat. Doesn't seem to be working at all and every shred of confidence our attacking (and seemingly defending now) players we have has been gone long ago. He has to go. It's not gonna change. Wish it could turn around for him as I like Jose, always have!
    To be fair, the last game we pressed high up the pitch and pressed well for at least the first half, the pundits were actually talking about it during half time as the most pressing we've seen since SAF left, or something to that effect.

I agree I'd like to see a new motivating manager but I have concerns about how good a player we can bring in at the moment as it seems like we can't get players to join United unless we have a high profile manager. I know Zidane is available but I'm not really sure he's the fit for us... but I'd give him a shot, I guess.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

I'm open to giving any attacking coach with some pedigree a shot at this stage. Someone like Poch would be ideal but even someone like Marco Silva I'd take a punt on. Zidane could work out but then he worked with a team infinitely better than ours. If it went wrong we'd be in a bigger mess than we are now.

Been thinking about it and I suppose all we can do now is get behind the manager because it doesn't look like he's going anywhere. I'd just like to see him try new things.

Str8 Pimpin'

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Me too. He played attacking football at Real Madrid, so it's not like it's impossible. I don't know what's going on to be honest.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

What if the team name was Real Metroid? Hahahaha

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

On my way back from Leicester v Liverpool. Proud to say I was there the day Allisson became a true Liverpool keeper.

Also Harry Maguire and James Maddison are immense and could both easily play for any team in the league.

Watford's year, boys. This is why I picked "other."

Articles

PSG are truly smurfing awful and I can't believe they got away with just a 3-2. Thank the lord for Punished Venom Bobby.

It's still hard for me to wrap my head around how good James` Milner has been all year and honestly, since he came to the club. Between him and Andy Robertson, I wonder if they run wind sprints after the game just to make sure they get all their steps in.

Contrast that with Neymar, who seemed allergic to tracking back at all. Time after time, we could just ping the ball to TAA who was all alone since Neymar would not come back beyond the halfway line. I recall him being screamed at when he was at Barca for not playing both ends and it only seems like those tendencies have gotten worse at PSG.

I refuse to get too, too giddy about this season so far but Klopp really has this team fighting for every blade of grass and they never put their heads down. What a joy to watch.

Also, Leo Messi.... still pretty much the GOAT. Your move Cristiano.

And happy birthday to American's savior, don't let the weight of expectations get too heavy.

Take care all.

Quote Originally Posted by The Captain View Post
    Your move Cristiano.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by The Captain View Post
    Also, Leo Messi.... still pretty much the GOAT.
    GO2008–2012

FTFY

The more I think about it, the more I think people just don't want Ronaldo to be best because of his less appealing attributes, so they go for the next best thing. I mean, I detest the Australian cricket teams of various eras but I'll be damned if, for all the dislike I hold for the likes of McGrath, Ponting, Warne and Clarke, they weren't still some of the best players in the world and didn't make up the core parts of the best team in the world. Frustrating but sometimes you just gotta accept things.

Of course, Ronaldo isn't nearly as horrible as the Australian cricket teams have been. But yeah.

Blog Entries

Clarke
    Woah there lad

there was a picture here

Articles

I don't think it's really that big of a deal if someone prefers Messi to Ronaldo or vice versa. The gap between them isn't really that great for there to be any controversy. It's not like if someone said they thought, say, Cavani is a greater player than Ronaldo. No disrespect to Cavani by the way as he is still a top class player which is why I chose him, but he's obviously a step below.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Old Manus View Post
    Clarke
    Woah there lad
    Oh man, you should have heard the things Dan and I used to call Michael Clarke back in the day...