• Tottenham

0 0%
  • Liverpool

1 16.67%
  • Chelsea

0 0%
  • Arsenal

0 0%
  • None of the above. Oh, you rebel, you.

1 16.67%
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 2018-19 English Football Season Thread

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    How can you people stand to watch this dirge week in, week out? Bloody hell, I'm sorry this has happened to your club. Almost.

Also what the actual smurf has happened to David De Gea?
    If you mean ours, I actually think we played pretty well on Wednesday despite the result, same with our loss to Barcelona.
    Can't say I saw the Barca game, but I did indeed mean Wednesday. I guess it's a subjective thing but I was shocked at United. 37% possession and 1 shot on target is not something a club of United's stature and playing personnel (current woes aside, it's still an expensively assembled team of international players) should be aiming for in a derby. Those are Everton numbers!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

37% possession and 1 shot on target is not something a club of United's stature and playing personnel (current woes aside, it's still an expensively assembled team of international players) should be aiming for in a derby.
    I agree we should be hitting the target more but City’s average possession in the Premier League is 65%

Articles

Manchester United shouldn't be aiming for average though surely.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

37% is 2% above average.

#worldbeaters

West Ham now have the first opposition wins at Spurs and Arsenal in their new stadiums.
    YE RAGIN', AYE?

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

Because everyone knows the Championship is where real football takes place, we're one win away from winning the league and have automatic promotion locked in.

(probably only to get immediately relegated again next season... but such is the rollercoaster life of being a Norwich supporter)

English Championship?

The Scottish Championship is where the real tinpot stuff gets done. My team have won it with a game to spare, won a cup and could relegate Falkirk on the final day to make a it a perfect three out of three.
    YE RAGIN', AYE?

Articles

top 10 anime betrayals

I don't mean to Liverpool, by the way. I mean to me personally. I spent years defending him on this bloody forum. Did that mean nothing to you, Luis?

#BubbaWasRight

edit: never seen liverpool lose 3-0 and yet feel incredibly hard done by. wow. I hate typing these words but Messi is unreal. From what I saw I still think Man City are a better team than Barca though (and Liverpool, obviously)

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

You definitely didn't deserve to lose 3-0. I was just waiting for that away goal to nestle in the back of the net for the first 25 mins of the second half. You never know at Anfield but I can't see a way back for Liverpool now.

I disagree about Messi though. Obviously he's up there as one of the best ever but he didn't really have a great game. The free-kick was obviously class (though it deflected) and the second one was just right place, right time. I mean, I'm obviously glad Liverpool lost but it'd be nice to see Barca (and Messi) taken down a peg or two.

Good finish by Luis (#justiceforracism) Suarez for the first though.

If by "up there as one of the best ever" you mean "indisputably the best ever" yeah

Anyway go Ajax

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Spuuky View Post
    If by "up there as one of the best ever" you mean "indisputably the best ever" yeah
    Not while Ronaldo exists I'm afraid. Neither of them will be "indisputably" the best ever while the other is around. I favour Ronaldo personally as Messi has never inspired a mediocre international team to success. Ronaldo has. Not to mention the three European cups on the trot.

Anyway, I honestly thought that was the game last night where City were going to come unstuck. There still might be some final day drama but the significance of that Kompany screamer at this stage can not be understated. What a legend.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Phew! It’s a good job Barca do have indisputably the best player ever otherwise they might have gone out tonight!

Articles

I am unbelievably proud and in love with this team and this football club. Anfield is magic. Genuine, actual magic. There is some sort of sorcery to the place. No Salah, Firmino, Keita and then Robertson goes down... nope. Not stopping us. Christ alive. What a night.

Is Lionel Messi the greatest player of all time? I don't know. Maybe, maybe not. What I do know is that at Anfield he is nothing.

I had thought I would just head home and watch the game from the comfort of my couch but something told me I needed to find a pub and see maybe, just maybe if Anfield had another miracle in it. So, I made my way down to my favorite Liverpool Bar in NYC and settled in with about 200 of my soon to be closest friends.

From the get-go, something felt different. Barca just looked a step slow and almost as if they couldn't believe they actually had to PLAY this game. All we kept saying was, get an early goal, put the pressure on, and then, it happened. Once Origi tucked it in, it was 80+ minutes where no one dared to breathe.

This is how sports should be watched: living and dying with every kick; swearing, cheering, clapping, hugging and making up strategy with people who in 2 hours you may or may not see again but for that moment, mean more to you than old high school friends because they care just as much. Many drinks were spilt, many more rounds were bought for and by people who knew nothing aside from the right allegiance.

At 2-3, we were so worried about the gut punch counter goal but once Gini scored again, we knew that we weren't losing this game. Anfield wouldn't allow it. Jurgen wouldn't have it.

Trent's heads up corner is something I've never seen before in my life, nor had just about anyone else in the bar. One guy thought he remembered something like that in the Second Division once, but couldn't think of the teams and didn't care anyway at this point.

As the game ended and the entire team, training staff and all the fans sang out, people around me were crying, hugging, kissing, pledging to become better people themselves as "You'll Never Walk Alone" rang out into the sunshine of the New York afternoon. It was only the semi-finals of course, we all had to tell ourselves, but for today, for this moment, it was perfect.

Let's go Brighton.

Take care all.

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

Is Lionel Messi the greatest player of all time?
    He's a tesco value Wayne Rooney (neva 4get)

Sunday is going to be disgusting. I can't believe it's going down to the wire again. Thank fuck Joleon Lescott is nowhere to be seen anymore.

I beseech you, King Vincent of Kompany, first of his name, captain of dreams, belter of thundercunts, do not let it go down to the 93rd minute again.