• Tottenham

0 0%
  • Liverpool

1 16.67%
  • Chelsea

0 0%
  • Arsenal

0 0%
  • None of the above. Oh, you rebel, you.

1 16.67%
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread: 2018-19 English Football Season Thread

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    No more excuses, no more Championship defence, no more net spend bollocks, we have to challenge. I am not sure if there is any stopping the Man City juggernaut but with the resources being invested in this, we have to be up there fighting them in May.
    And fight Man City in May we did, and definitely no more Championship defence.

Saw some stat that City have dropped 30 points total in the last 2 seasons. Unreal. Thought maybe some magic was in the air with that Brighton goal but City are just too expensively ruthless and in the end, if you’re just not going to drop points, you deserve the title.

On to Madrid to cap a majestic season.

Congrats City.

Take care all.

14-0-0 in the last 14 for Manchester City, not an insubstantial run of matches.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Incredible season from City. True, they had easy draws in the cups but you can only beat the team in front of you. The league campaign was incredible and they still had to keep focus for the cup games. Let's not forget as well they were a disallowed goal away from a Champions League semi-final too. Thoroughly deserved treble!

Also, I picked the wrong night to go for a drink with my mate in town. City's parade is 6-7pm. The pub we're meeting at is right at the end of the parade route too. Think I'll message him and suggest an alternate watering hole...

Articles

That was an awful game, possibly the worst I’ve seen us play all year.

I don’t give a smurf. I love this team, I love this manager, I love my club.

The most boring final I've ever watched, but Liverpool deserve it for their body of work.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Thoroughly deserved. Could so easily have been a double with the league. Credit where credit is due.

DEB71C61-CC03-447E-97D0-3BAC02F0AB7B.gif

Let's talk about six Baby.

Also, special thanks to Coutinho who by forcing his way out allowed us to buy VVD and Allison, two of the biggest reasons why Liverpool won today.

Could not be happier. I'll take victories over style any day of the week. What a way to end the season. Spurs gave it a real go in the second half, fair play to them for the bravery they showed all season long. I think Poch if he stays deserves a real influx of cash.

I actually was in Madrid at the Wanda stadium a week ago and took the tour of the grounds, so to see it going crazy with celebrations is more than a little bit surreal.

Take care all. YNWA!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    I don’t give a smurf. I love this team, I love this manager, I love my club.
    Was fully expecting that to end with I LOVE THIS GAME

there was a picture here

I thought Ross County vs Connah's Quay Nomads would be the worst final I'd see all season. I was wrong.
    YE RAGIN', AYE?

Am really enjoying all the love going out to Jordan Henderson. He took over what might have been the hardest job, replacing Gerrard, and slowly and methodically worked his way into becoming the beating heart of the team. Even after injuries had slowed him over the last few years, he never complained or begged off of being the leader of the team. When VVD is shouting that he'd follow his Captain anywhere, you know you've achieved true success.

As I had been saying all along with Jose and Utd, when a team doesn't have unity at the top, it's doomed. In Jurgen Klopp, Liverpool have found the closest thing to a human Kop. Long may he reign, long may he continue to be insane, goofy, joyous, drunk, laughing way too hard, screaming way too loud and making every fan who watches want to get a hug from him or have to admit that he's the most fun manager in the sport. I have friends who HATE Liverpool and even they will whisper that they wish Klopp was their manager.

What is lost in the afterglow was that Klopp once again proved himself to be such an astute tactician as much as a leader. Re-watching the final, the subtle shifts he makes throughout the game are second to none. At no point did Liverpool ever look like they didn't have a plan of action, whether it was using both Salah and Mane to break up the channels on the sides to keep the gaps closed or the constant hard yards that the midfield put in by rotating through who was at the base and who was playing up front. It's such a joy to watch when a team is well drilled, because even if the passes aren't there, the intent remains and with that, victory usually follows.

It's not usual to say but frankly Klopp is the most important person for the team's sustained success. Even if we lose top players, most likely upfront, so long as he is there, they will have a chance.

YNWA.

Take care all.

Henderson's that reasonably poorly skilled (comparatively) that gives a team that clog and niggle it needs to win. He's very good at it.
    YE RAGIN', AYE?

Articles

I think the outpouring of praise from managers and team mates for Henderson speaks volumes.

He's is one of the best in the world at both pressing (and knowing when to press) opposition players and positional knowledge. He always expertly covers for team mates and creates good space when his team are on the ball. They're not really heralded attributes like goals and assists so your average football fan with limited knowledge of the tactical and off-the-ball side of the game thinks he's trout.

Here's an excellent tactical analysis of the game v Chelsea that shows how a player like Henderson, despite getting very little acknowledgement for this victory, influences a match.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

http://home.eyesonff.com/showthread....-Season-Thread

For the new thread. Will leave this open in case someone makes one of those big posts covering what people said over the past season.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles

More likely Bubba will show up in February and nonchalantly reply to this thread as if it was the new one.