Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: What do you find scary?

  1. #1
    Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Nowhere and Everywhere
    Posts
    16,600
    Articles
    54
    Blog Entries
    16
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

    Braaaaaains What do you find scary?

    Been reading up a bit on horror and fear lately, so I was curious to learn what are you afraid of? Not just phobias, like what kind of movies or tv shows have scared you before and what not as well.

  2. #2

    Default

    the movie Conjuring scared me

  3. #3
    Lothric Knight Bri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    High Wall of Lothric
    Posts
    582

    Default

    First of all let me say that I love/live for anything spectacularly scary movies. So many has scared me that I can't name but one that I recently watched not too long ago is a movie that's called Annihilation. Creepy, unsettling and kept me up the first few nights. Now I am looking forward to seeing A quiet place.

  4. #4

    Default

    Not to sound edgy or anything, but "friendzone-y '' males ( and females sometimes ) give me the shudders.

  5. #5
    Black Magic Shopkeeper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    ... Corneria! (Check the World Map! |D )
    Posts
    316
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    blindness. Oh, and debilitating damage to my left hand. Two of the most horrifying concepts to me.


  6. #6
    Yossarian Lives Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    51,503
    Articles
    71

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maybee View Post
    Not to sound edgy or anything, but "friendzone-y '' males ( and females sometimes ) give me the shudders.
    b-but m'lady! *awkwardly looks down and shuffles feet* this just means you have never encountered a truly nice guy! *clenches fist to show my iron will but find it difficult due to my grease-drenched palms* they say chivalry is dead but not while a gentleman like me still draws mortal breath! *nervously adjusts collar, grips $30 katana replica I bought on eBay firmly*

    Anyway to get on topic, infinity. The idea of the mind always being on, forever, with no end in sight, is terrifying. Steven King's The Jaunt really stuck with me, and some of the things they do on Black Mirror about human consciousness (or copies of it) being held in infinity made me feel uncomfortable too.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by maybee View Post
    Not to sound edgy or anything, but "friendzone-y '' males ( and females sometimes ) give me the shudders.
    b-but m'lady! *awkwardly looks down and shuffles feet* this just means you have never encountered a truly nice guy! *clenches fist to show my iron will but find it difficult due to my grease-drenched palms* they say chivalry is dead but not while a gentleman like me still draws mortal breath! *nervously adjusts collar, grips $30 katana replica I bought on eBay firmly*

  8. #8
    Ooh, they dead! Vermachtnis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    That Weird Building
    Posts
    6,809

    FFXIV Character

    Reineke Ysengrim (Sargatanas)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post

    Anyway to get on topic, infinity. The idea of the mind always being on, forever, with no end in sight, is terrifying. Steven King's The Jaunt really stuck with me, and some of the things they do on Black Mirror about human consciousness (or copies of it) being held in infinity made me feel uncomfortable too.
    That and I find the opposite end of the spectrum just as terrifying. That one day, it'll just end. That one day, I won't exist anymore. That nothing will. I've kept myself up at night thinking about these two things.

  9. #9
    Taking care of business Bubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Shmocation
    Posts
    10,028
    Articles
    2
    Blog Entries
    2
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

    Default

    I find questions about what I find scary, scary.

    AAAAAAAAGGHHHHH!!!!!!

  10. #10
    Newbie Administrator Loony BoB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    Edinbugger
    Posts
    51,597
    Articles
    53
    Blog Entries
    19

    FFXIV Character

    Loony Bob (Sargatanas)

    Default

    Just that general losing those that I love thing. The idea of swimming in the ocean (ie, way out from land, like when people dive off navy boats in the middle of nowhere) leaves me pretty scared too. Beyond that I'm not sure I get scared very easily, unless you count jump-scares which I just call being shocked/frightened rather than actually scared.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

  11. #11

    Default

    I am also afraid of death

  12. #12

    Default

    All that creepy stuff in the ocean? Yeah, that junk.

    As far as just stories/movies/TV goes, simple ghost stuff is what spooks me.


  13. #13
    Radical Dreamer Fynn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Tower of the Swallow
    Posts
    17,328
    Articles
    56
    Blog Entries
    16

    FFXIV Character

    A'nutoh Tia (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

    Default

    You know, Iíve been mulling over this thread for a while now, and itís weird. Normally Iím a person who overthinks things and comes to a million conclusions, but when asked what Iím afraid of, I really canít say. And thatís not to say Iím not afraid of anything, because Iím a bundle of anxiety, itís just really hard for me to answer. Used to be afraid of bugs, the dark, heights, etc, but Iíve kind of overcome those.

    I think all thatís left and whatís really great to me when I encounter it in horror is adult fear. Death of a family member, sickness, etc. what Iím most scared of, however, is that Iíll keep procrastinating all my life and never even get close to achieving what I want to achieve. Worse than dead: forgotten.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •