Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: World of Final Fantasy

Default World of Final Fantasy

So I got this one on the steam summer sale few days ago and... I LOVE IT. Seriously the chibi style, the characters, the constant jokes, the anime cutscenes, the voice acting (even the english one, I somehow actually prefer that one to the original jap too), the playstyle, combat system, pokemon like catching, the nostalgia from tens of titles mashed into one game that is not just that but a complete game of its own...

I would give it a subjectively solid 10/10 but now that I am rougly in the half of the game, I do have a slight problem with it. NOT ENOUGH SERAFIE. I need much more of her right now D:

But nah seriously now, I really do love the game extremely much and it is very well done in my opinion.

What are yours thoughts on WoFF?

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

It was honestly a fantastic little game and I loved it from start to finish.

Cute, but I hated the twins. So annoying.

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

I loved the combat, it was a nice through back. And the stacking was neat. The story was okay too. I loved this game with two major exceptions.

Quote Originally Posted by maybee View Post
    DUDE, how could you find them both the-annoying. DUDE, Reynn doesn't have the-annoying voice the-tics of other two the-characters. I did not like Tama or Lann.

Quote Originally Posted by Vermachtnis View Post
    I loved the combat, it was a nice through back. And the stacking was neat. The story was okay too. I loved this game with two major exceptions.

DUDE, how could you find them both the-annoying. DUDE, Reynn doesn't have the-annoying voice the-tics of other two the-characters. I did not like Tama or Lann.
    One twin is unbelievably stupid (imo) and the other twin is a asshole. There's sibling rivalry and whatnot, but then there's just being a asstwat towards your sibling.

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

One twin is unbelievably stupid (imo) and the other twin is a asshole. There's sibling rivalry and whatnot, but then there's just being a asstwat towards your sibling.
    Sometimes Reynn goes too far in being a jerk, but most of the time, her harsh behavior is caused by Lann being completely clueless.
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I agree with maybee, Reynn comes across as an unlikeable bully for most of the game. I get what the writers were going for, sibling banter, but they went for the LANN YOU ARE DUMB joke too frequently and it wore out its welcome quickly.

I thought WoFF was decent enough, a fun little romp with solid gameplay. I'd describe it as a Final Fantasy version of Kingdom Hearts which I appreciate sounds slightly weird given that there are of course FF characters in KH!

The dialogue writing and voice acting was atrocious and cringeworthy though. And yes, I definitely include Serafie in that! Ugh! With that said, the story in the last quarter of the game became suddenly very good and I really got into it.

btw goblin princess is bae

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Do you guys have siblings? That was a pretty run-of-the-mill sibling relationship to me.

WoFF was excellent and a fantastic model of what the main FF series can look to for a balance between fun, graphics and gameplay. The intervention quests were an absolute delight and I got excited whenever new ones popped up, and they didn't disappoint.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Holy chocobo!

(SPOILER)

I just reached the "false end" as in defeating the king of bahamut and watching all those cutscenes leading to a postcript. I will admit, that since I am in love with the game, I have been seriously overleveled already so the "final boss" fight was REALLY not giving me any "that end" feelings but still, that hit pretty hard... Those two were their parents possesed all that time, I kill them by my own hand and then Lann dies for the siblings guilt.

Then the Tama dies to give them another chance. (I will admit, that although I did not play any of the postscript yet, this loss was somewhat already mitigated by the fact, that my beautiful, lovely, sarcastic, godly SERAFIE is the one replacing Tama, so I will take a guess and I will see alot more of her before reaching the true end).

I am really getting attached to this story a lot. I feel that it is already giving a lot of thoughts and I did not even see the true rest of it. It already is up there sharing my first place with FF9 and 10.

Articles

Yep that's the point that made me have a lot more love and respect for the story. It really kicked it up a notch in quality in that final stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    Do you guys have siblings? That was a pretty run-of-the-mill sibling relationship to me.
    Yeah, I do. Though they are older brothers, and older brothers tell you to piss off and leave them alone unless you get bullied or get hurt and then they transform into presidential FBI bodyguards.

Oh? This game makes me glad that I don't have an older sister or younger brother then. Wouldn't last a day.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I have an older sister and a younger brother. This "bullying" you guys refer to isn't bullying to me, it's just an older sister trying to be an authority because she's the oldest, and a little bro being dorky because he feels like it and/or isn't the brightest. Regardless of how they acted towards each other in some situations, they clearly love each other. I never felt either were being too harsh. And if either sibling were getting legit bullied by someone and they were getting teary eyed over it, I'm sure either sibling would stand up and fight for them (and they did repeatedly fight for each other in the game).

If you guys think this is bad, you'd shudder at some of the 'bullying' my friends give each other.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    If you guys think this is bad, you'd shudder at some of the 'bullying' my friends give each other.

Articles

Why am I not surprised that Loony "Punch your arm until it looks like a Van Gogh" BoB is a bully apologist?

Also the older-younger sibling dynamic is stupid, they're twins! You're not suddenly more mature and developed just because you're a few minutes older!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I assure you that I significantly doubt my older sister would care if she were one second older or ten years older, she would always treat me like I'm 500 years younger.