Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: World of Final Fantasy

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeell I am smurfed... Today's power outage caused data corruption that had to be dealt with clean install so my save is gone and since WoFF does not have cloud save utility, byebye my 32 hours, hour or two from true ending.

While I do love the game oh so very much, I will put it aside for now... I just cannot deal with completely replaying it from beginning immediately :/

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Why am I not surprised that Loony "Punch your arm until it looks like a Van Gogh" BoB is a bully apologist?
    As children, my brother smashed a vase over my leg causing a large gash. I threw a plastic bowling ball at his face (we were not playing catch) and he gushed blood from his nose. Which of us was the bully?

Our world has gotten so ridiculously sensitive that name-calling has been labeled a form of abuse. There have been kids who have been bruised, bleeding, had bones broken and even been killed by actual bullies and yet people are worried about words.
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

Also the older-younger sibling dynamic is stupid, they're twins! You're not suddenly more mature and developed just because you're a few minutes older!
    Though it's not hard to take control and predominate when your brother is thicker than a bowl of whipped cream. ;/

Quote Originally Posted by Mercen-X View Post
    Why am I not surprised that Loony "Punch your arm until it looks like a Van Gogh" BoB is a bully apologist?
    As children, my brother smashed a vase over my leg causing a large gash. I threw a plastic bowling ball at his face (we were not playing catch) and he gushed blood from his nose. Which of us was the bully?

Our world has gotten so ridiculously sensitive that name-calling has been labeled a form of abuse. There have been kids who have been bruised, bleeding, had bones broken and even been killed by actual bullies and yet people are worried about words.
    I do agree that the society overall has become too sensitive, and I do agree that the twins relationship is not bad, I mean yeah the sister keeps throwing comments on Lann, but he never minds it, either hes playing along or he is really so thick in the head, that he does not even really mind it, so all is good I say.

Just one thing, there have been a lot of kids over the world, that killed themselves due to bullying in the form of words and not physical abuse, so when that is taken over the edge, it is just as bad.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Mercen-X View Post

If you're looking for a morality debate on what is and isn't bullying and the sensitivity of society then I'm afraid you've come to the wrong place. The post you quoted is me making a joke at BoB's expense. He isn't really a bully or bully apologist and what I'm referring to wasn't bullying either.

I think a couple of people have misunderstood my position so I'm going to explain it again to save you all arguing against something that doesn't exist. I get Square were going for a sibling relationship and that was a good idea. They failed in the execution of said good idea. "Hmm, siblings tease each other right?" "Sure!" "Okay, CTRL+C, CTRL+V Reynn calling Lann dumb and we're good to go!" The overplayed "YOU ARE DUMB" joke got ran into the ground and to repeat, Reynn comes across as an unlikeable bully as a result.

I'm not on a moral crusade about it though. I am not demanding she be executed or that we get #justiceforlann or that this sick filth video game be censored or banned for depicting such obscenity. I'm not against teasing, or making fun of people, or banter, hell, I actively enjoy it when done right. I'm sure I might enjoy whatever it is BoB does with his friends or his sister if I were to witness it. Hell, I am giving BoB trout in this very thread!

See, I don't like the taste of lemons, or the sound of jazz music, or take enjoyment from watching one character call another one dumb over and over. Not my particular cup of tea, but not the end of the world either. If it's your thing, more power to you! Enjoy your jazz music!

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Enjoy your jazz music!

Oh I will.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

B-but Psy, you said you enjoyed my jazzy Chocobo theme arrangement for your game. You lied to me?