Thread: Thief (in-game bugs)

Default Thief (in-game bugs)

So it's been almost a year since I last played Thief. I have yet to complete it and I was last playing through the longest mission that I kept replaying in attempt to get Undetected. But now that I put the disc in there's a couple of problems. I will list the lesser of two evils first which I discovered after deciding to just go ahead and play: I can't do stealth takedowns. No matter how close the guard is to me as I'm perched above him, I'm not given the option to attack. I looked up this glitch online and there's no satisfactory solution. You either have a game that works or you don't. The same is true for the bigger problem: all three of my save slots say Chapter 2 Dust to Dust and display today's date. And this isn't a case of replaying the mission, the game has mysteriously started me over near the beginning. Now I last recall having two save files: Master-Custom and Rogue-Custom. Now they all say the latter. I no longer have my wrench or my cutter and I'm still peeved that I can't do atds.

Has anything like this happened to anyone else?
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

New problem: I had deleted two of the redundant files and continued to play the Rogue-Custom. But I decided maybe trying a new game in a different difficulty would help me figure why I cpuldn't do takedowns. I went to an empty slot and hit new game. But I changed my mind about starting it up and opted to just go back to the file I was playing in. Now that one is deleted too. F--k Thief. F--k Square Enix. Why the hell do I bother with this?
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.