Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Where are you guys wasting your time at anymore?

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Sort answer: Math, Stack Overflow, Github, and other developer sites.

Long answer: I am writing and testing a class that teaches Calculus using Python scripting. I've been to a lot of meetings and written several proposals for the class. hit a snag when the provost of the college quit at the same time as the dean and vice dean, so I had to do all of it twice. But now the class is going well and my students are doing very well for themselves.

I'm also playing around a lot with a lot of machine learning toys. My favorite right now is TensorFlow through AWS because I get to use a cloud based GPU to do the heavy lifting for me when it comes to training models. It's really nice.

I also am working on a couple pet projects for mobile phones. The first is an AR game that can finally work now that Apple released a stable new build of AR kit. I have a working prototype that was overloading the phone but there are a lot of updates in v2 that make the game runnable. The second is a website that accesses your phones camera and gps. You put something like a sign in the camera and it will detect the text and translate it for you into your native language. Great for traveling to foreign countries to use.

I also am a co organizer of one of NYC's 2 Google Developer Groups, (we make events and bug google to send us swag and money. They give more often than you think) So I help plan the events and give talks about the stuff I make. It's a lot of fun.

I also play games for research.

FFXIV Character

Arianna Harkness (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by qwertysaur View Post
    Sort answer: Math, Stack Overflow, Github, and other developer sites.

Long answer: I am writing and testing a class that teaches Calculus using Python scripting. I've been to a lot of meetings and written several proposals for the class. hit a snag when the provost of the college quit at the same time as the dean and vice dean, so I had to do all of it twice. But now the class is going well and my students are doing very well for themselves.

I'm also playing around a lot with a lot of machine learning toys. My favorite right now is TensorFlow through AWS because I get to use a cloud based GPU to do the heavy lifting for me when it comes to training models. It's really nice.

I also am working on a couple pet projects for mobile phones. The first is an AR game that can finally work now that Apple released a stable new build of AR kit. I have a working prototype that was overloading the phone but there are a lot of updates in v2 that make the game runnable. The second is a website that accesses your phones camera and gps. You put something like a sign in the camera and it will detect the text and translate it for you into your native language. Great for traveling to foreign countries to use.

I also am a co organizer of one of NYC's 2 Google Developer Groups, (we make events and bug google to send us swag and money. They give more often than you think) So I help plan the events and give talks about the stuff I make. It's a lot of fun.

I also play games for research.
    You have an incredibly awesome job. So envious.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I do mostly PHP/JavaScript/MySql along with IT solutions for a company I joined around a year ago.