Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: FF2 be like:

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Idk, I'd argue that even with saving after Eureka (who in their right smurfing mind would not do that though seriously) the combination of Crystal Tower and Dark World one after the other with no chance of saving when many bosses from the boss rush near the end can kill you effortlessly even if you're relatively high-leveled is incredibly daunting and by far the evilest thing FF has done
    I would argue that FFIV: The After Years is a far worse player punch than FFIII's dungeon gauntlet. Two back to back dungeons the first one has 13 floors with almost each of those floors having a boss, followed by a second dungeon that is an additional 20 floors with 20 bosses of their own, four of which are optional superbosses, and this is then followed up with the actual final boss. Throw in the fact that the difficulty curve of this part of the game sky-rockets and you easily have one of the most frustrating final slogs in FF history. Even with the ladder to let you save between these bouts, it doesn't make up for the last third of the game being just one monotonous dungeon crawl. III's dungeon is actually pretty straightforward in comparison.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

To which I say: save points
    Overrated

giphy.gif

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Oh be elitist all you want. Doesn’t change the fact that, even though you spend months in FFIVTAY’s final dungeon, at least you don’t need to start from scratch every time you make a tiny mistake

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Oh be elitist all you want. Doesn’t change the fact that, even though you spend months in FFIVTAY’s final dungeon, at least you don’t need to start from scratch every time you make a tiny mistake
    Hey, if you were actually prepared, you wouldn't be having tiny mistakes.

Honestly, you people are just whining because it's not really that bad, not even compared to other RPGs of the time. I'll take the Crystal Tower/World of Darkness shenanigans over the Road to Rhone and Hargon Castle bulltrout in DQII or the Neutral path final dungeon in Shin Megami Tensei 1. At leas the dungeon isn't throwing enemies at you that can easily wipe out the whole party before you get a first turn or is some multi-level maze that involves you having to travel the dungeon almost twice to clear the game.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Except this isn’t DQ or SMT. It’s not a problem for me since I’m familiar with those series and enjoy difficulty, but in the context of how easy the other FFs are and how late it took FFIII tp get officially released in the West, there is definitely a solid reason behind why people consider this particular dungeon marathon hell.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah but if you actually play the first three games in their original format, you'll learn the series is actually just as tough as original DQ and SMT. It's not the game's fault most of us were raised on the easy entries. Even older Mario games are tougher than the newer ones. Even then, it still doesn't change the fact that there are more egregious examples of tough final dungeons than FFIII. Hell the 3D remake is actually easier than the normal one.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    To which I say: save points
    Overrated

giphy.gif

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by maybee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post