Thread: Rank your favorite final boss themes

Articles
    Blog Entries

Default Rank your favorite final boss themes

So we all know Final Fantasy is host to many a great soundtrack, including climactic themes that signal the final confrontation of the game; usually we have many of those in quick succession even.

Let's see which ones people like most, shall we? But let's not just post favorites, but rather, list your favorites from top to bottom and if you want to, tell us a bit about why you chose the track.

Any final boss theme is fair game, including ones that aren't the last of their respective gauntlets (think "Birth of a God" from FF7 or "Dark Messenger" from FF9).

Which are your favorites, which do you feel most poignantly bring the game to a close with one final bang? Is it Kefka's incredibly memorable Dancing Mad that spans four whole movements? Or the lesser praised but wonderfully heroic Battle For Freedom against Vayne Solidor in his Undying form? Or another theme entirely?

im going to go ahead and break the rule of your post and not rank them - because i have no timeand also i hate statistics and will do anything in my power to avoid them

fighting fate from FFXIII isn't quite the final boss battle as its from an earlier Barthandelus fight - but up until that point I was 50/50 on if I cared about the game or not. That music made me pay attention for the first time.

I also am a big fan of Maybe I'm a Lion from FF8 - again I think this is a not-quite-last boss.

Final Fantasy X final boss theme (idk what its called) is an interesting one because its actually a pretty good song - you just don't listen to much of it because by design the boss is a pushover. I kinda get why they did it but what a waste of a good track.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I like how only one of the three you mentioned is an actual final boss theme

As for my choices, I need some time to think. Will get back here eventually

1. FFVIII. The Extreme. I love how slow and creepy it starts, and then just pumps up.
    2. FFIII. Dark Cloud. Just a good tune overall.
    3. FFVII. One-Winged Angel. A classic. It just really captures the emotion of what a final battle, Final Fantasy style would actually feel like.
    4. FFIX. Dark Messenger. SO. GOOD.
    5. FFIV. Zeromus. Catchy, and goes with the actual battle really well.
    6. FFVI. Dancing Mad. I love the second tier part of this song and the last part.
    7. FFIX. Hill of Despair. I actually don't like the creepy moaning sounds in the background, but when the actual song gets started, it's fantastic.
    8. FFVIII. Maybe I'm a Lion. Underrated.
    9. FFVII. Birth of a God. So catchy and memorable.
    10. FFX. Otherworld. Not my type of music usually, but it's fun to fight too. Captures the mood too.
    11. FFXII. Vayne. I actually like, how sad and depressing this song sounds, it sounds well, human.
    12. FFII. Emperor Palamecia. Pretty good.
    13. FFI. Chaos. Not bad.
    14. FFXV. Magna Insomnia. It's okay, I like how "FFVII-ish" it sounds it some parts though.
    15. FFV. Neo Exdeath. The song is okay, I guess. I just love Exdeath's "Pyscho" sounding theme a lot more.
    16. FFX. Yu Yevon. It's there.....?
    17. FFXIII. Orphan. I can't stand it. Which is disappointing because FFXIII has such a wonderful OST.
    Last edited by maybee; 08-22-2018 at 05:00 AM.