I am taking this personally.
    narcissist
    noun [ C ] /ˈnɑː.sɪ.sɪst/
    Attached Images Attached Images

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    Jiro still posts... occasionally!

I miss pretty much everyone, they all get their turn. Lately I have missed Wyllius and Nait. Thankfully, as Jinx said, for the most part I can still contact the people I'm closest to via Facebook, but it's the old chatroom and all the fun we had that I miss most, back when we still had some minor sense of anonymity to our banter.
    #eoff was so much fun back in the day. I was thinking about it the other day and remembered that it was about 2003-06 that I was active there, and that's so much longer ago than I realised!

I'm fairly certain I've still got music on my phone which I downloaded via cl_out's playlist script.
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sephex View Post
    There isn't exactly a who I miss, but a "when" if you want to be specific. Part of it was the early vibe of this place and part of it was also the more wild west nature of the internet. I just remember barley being out of high school and just the novelty of the avatars and signatures was cool. I grew up in that sweet spot where the internet really didn't get truly public until I was a teenager, and I didn't have constant access myself until I was 18. It's hard to explain, but simply seeing everyone express themselves through something like that had this warm feeling back then.

I can see where you're coming from. There was a lot of developing standards, cultures, customs, and methods of behavior. Email is different from regular mail, a chat room isn't talking to a group of people at a party, forums aren't like chat rooms.

It still continues to change, but experiencing the initial growth of online socializing in so many of its different ways was pretty cool to be a part of.

Blog Entries

Iri Valentine who was for two weeks my "official online girlfriend". We were close enough that she had agreed to the idea if only for her own amusement and we briefly had signature tags that publicly announced our "relationship". This was the first and only time I have ever done anything like this.

black orb... well, as far as I know, I haven't seen his art in a while and it was some good stuff!

Jirito, my best friend if only because she never insisted I pay her for the 12 characters she illustrated for me, none of which I had to beg for. Granted, I'm sure she was just in a mindset of "free art means more practice" and likely had not been charging anyone else for her services either. Still, her art helped me to nurture several ideas I had incubating in the various disjointed corners of my mind and I feel I owe a lot of what I've accomplished to her... I haven't actually accomplished anything.

I don't exactly remember all of the people who participated in the DnDxstyle RPGs written by myself and others, but yes I miss them too, even the ones who had no sense for RPG rules (OOC, ignoring GM, shoving their Mary Sue self-inserts down our throats, etc.)

I also miss myself. After my initial first months on, my behavior had me well on my way to becoming a Cid's Knight, which may very have happened had I openly expressed more interest in having that responsibility. Unfortunately, it's a downfall of my personality that I do not want responsibility when I have to ask for it. If it is simply handed to me, I will do what needs to be done, but asking for responsibility has always left me feeling awkward and paranoid. Anyway, yeah, whatever window existed for any opportunity I might have had to become a CK shriveled and vanished into the void as I eventually began disappearing for greater lengths of time until I just didn't seem to be here at all anymore. Not I interact anywhere else, but for a few years, I simply wasted a lot of my time watching YouTube and reading Wikis.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...2&&FORM=VDRVRV

Deadpool:
    As a mercenary, my first loyalty is to my hand. My right hand to be precise. Don't tell lefty, he gets jealous.
    My pal, Dexter, and I have had a longstanding on-and-off romance. I've proposed to her multiple times but she always says she's still young and wants to explore her sexuality while men are still interested. Well, men and women. She strokes both ways. That's a double entendre.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Mercen-X View Post
    I also miss myself. After my initial first months on, my behavior had me well on my way to becoming a Cid's Knight, which may very have happened had I openly expressed more interest in having that responsibility. Unfortunately, it's a downfall of my personality that I do not want responsibility when I have to ask for it. If it is simply handed to me, I will do what needs to be done, but asking for responsibility has always left me feeling awkward and paranoid. Anyway, yeah, whatever window existed for any opportunity I might have had to become a CK shriveled and vanished into the void as I eventually began disappearing for greater lengths of time until I just didn't seem to be here at all anymore. Not I interact anywhere else, but for a few years, I simply wasted a lot of my time watching YouTube and reading Wikis.
    I don't think we've ever wanted people to ask to be a CK, and it tends to discourage us from Knighting the person in question if they do... you absolutely do not have to ask for it. We pick out the people as a group on staff, that's always been the way, really. Very few exceptions, all of them being CKs that retired and later asked to rejoin, some of which were approved and some not.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I kind of miss SeasideArms. No matter what else the forum was pretty busy for a short period of time.

Member from 2005-2019
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mercen-X View Post
    Iri Valentine who was for two weeks my "official online girlfriend". We were close enough that she had agreed to the idea if only for her own amusement and we briefly had signature tags that publicly announced our "relationship". This was the first and only time I have ever done anything like this.
    You and every other guy on here, brother.

Back in those days Iri Valentine was essentially a troll account for her and a friend to mess with people.

She eventually came clean and her last few active months here were the genuine thoughts and feelings of a real person.

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

I miss coming to to forum in general. Always someone to chat with that made my day.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I just missed the site in general.

Score: 0 out of 2 Dignified Pauper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cuchulainn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dignified Pauper View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Christmas View Post
    I cannot even remember who I missed!
    I am taking this personally.
    narcissist
    noun [ C ] /ˈnɑː.sɪ.sɪst/
    HOW VERY DARE YOU!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf Leonhart View Post
    pyramidIri Valentine who was for two weeks my "official online girlfriend". We were close enough that she had agreed to the idea if only for her own amusement and we briefly had signature tags that publicly announced our "relationship". This was the first and only time I have ever done anything like this.
    You and every other guy on here, brother.

Back in those days Iri Valentine was essentially a troll account for her and a friend to mess with people.

She eventually came clean and her last few active months here were the genuine thoughts and feelings of a real person.
    Wish I could've been here for that... I'm so disillusioned

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...2&&FORM=VDRVRV

Deadpool:
    As a mercenary, my first loyalty is to my hand. My right hand to be precise. Don't tell lefty, he gets jealous.
    My pal, Dexter, and I have had a longstanding on-and-off romance. I've proposed to her multiple times but she always says she's still young and wants to explore her sexuality while men are still interested. Well, men and women. She strokes both ways. That's a double entendre.

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

Calliope and eestlinc. All the people.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I had lunch with Calliope today.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum