Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

ZOMG! Cyberpunk 2077

Yo did y'all see that Cyberpunk demo from a few days back!? I know y'all had to see it. That trout was wild! This game is going to be a 10 when it drops I have no doubts. I just can't stop thinking about this game.

Here's the gameplay demo in case you happened to miss it.

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Its basically what a Shadowrun video game should be, so I'm pretty excited to see how it turns out.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

It looks excellent and I am genuinely looking forward to it. I've never really been into the cyberpunk genre with the one exception being FFVII (and it's arguable whether it neatly fits into this genre) but maybe this'll be the game that bites me and gives me the bug.

Not my cuppa of tea. Though do admire how ambitious it is.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I know it's kind of my thing, but I'm unironically looking forward to the crazy genital customization.

Looking forward to this game in general! A bit bummed it's first-person only. Hopefully someone makes a mod. Seems a bit of a waste to have such an extensive character customizer only to make it FPS. Also I'm trout as shooters, but apparently there's a super easy babby mode.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I think there's a photo mode where you can take pics of your person while they're shooting other people or whatever

I would assume anyway

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    I know it's kind of my thing, but I'm unironically looking forward to the crazy genital customization.

Looking forward to this game in general! A bit bummed it's first-person only. Hopefully someone makes a mod. Seems a bit of a waste to have such an extensive character customizer only to make it FPS. Also I'm trout as shooters, but apparently there's a super easy babby mode.
    FP only? Aww and I was looking forward to this one.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

This game has somehow absolutely failed to spark any excitement in me. The genital customization is a neat idea but personally I just don’t get why people are this excited. And I say that as someone whose favorite game is the Witcher 3.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

This game has somehow absolutely failed to spark any excitement in me. The genital customization is a neat idea but personally I just don’t get why people are this excited. And I say that as someone whose favorite game is the Witcher 3.
    I didn't know that game had genital customization.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Non-troutposty answer: I love sci-fi and I love cyberpunk, and this game looks stunning. I honestly know nothing about the plot, as I've wanted to reduce spoilers for myself. Also I'm HUGE on character customization. I really enjoy it and could probably get my money's worth on the game alone just on that screen.

Also, I can't wait for the resulting Monster Factory video. They've needed a new game with a good customization option for awhile.

FFXIV Character

Cattleya Paphia (Sargatanas)

Simple really: It's the closest thing to Deus Ex that's not Deus Ex. Purely on that premise I'll already give it a chance day 1.

I have no interest in avatar customization whatsoever, genital or otherwise. I've always found such character creation aspects to be nothing but a burden. That's not the only reason I'm not particularly interested in this game,but it definitely doesn't help.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Apparently the character creation plays a huge part in how the other characters interact with you, down to find details like what kind of teeth you have - or what junk you have. Idk that bit sounds pretty neat actually

It does. But the process itself sounds cumbersome. The novelty of how characters react will also probably be short-lived. I tend to have a dim view of these sort of advertised effects to the world which sound so nice but in execution tend to become old hat and rather inconsequential rather quickly ("oh ladeda here we go, a character is all up ons my sharpied abs again").

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

yeah I agree, just give me a character that's already designed lol
    like I'll wait until the story is out to see but I'm quite concerned it will miss the mark on cyberpunk ethos
    but I hope I'm wrong
    in terms of crunch the development has already missed it, by becoming one of the bad guys in cyberpunk stories lol
    hope those devs are Ok