Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Soul Calibur 6

Yeah she's had some "Castlevania" looking outfits over the years. And I certainly can't say I disapprove. It doesn't look like "Ivy", but it's definitely more appropriate, especially given her station is a wealthy aristocrat

Quote Originally Posted by Chibi Youkai View Post
    Nah, everyone's got to start the series somewhere. And 5 is kind of being ignored. It was bad, and everyone knew it. 6 is pretty much overwriting it.
    I liked the Vth one. I didn't mind the new characters and it was a good OC maker.

Natsu over Taki anyday. I've always hated Taki's bizzare tittys poke out outfit.

FFXIV Character

Arianna Harkness (Sargatanas)

The problem with the 5th is that it changed too much, and everyone thought that the new main character was annoying. Also, it didn't feel like it had the replay value of the others. Once you got through the story, that was kind of it. There weren't the individual lines of the past games to keep you entertained.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

I remember I bought SC2 on a whim because I loved Tekken so much and I was blown away. I played it to death. Then for no apparent reason I didn't buy another after that. I'll definitely buy this if the reviews are good. Yoshimitsu hype.

Str8 Pimpin'

FFXIV Character

Has anyone else picked it up yet? So far, it's pretty decent. I haven't really tried the network modes yet, too much unavoidable lag, but this game seems much more story-driven than previous entries. Two story modes that actually interact with each other, and the timeline layout is actually pretty neat for figuring out when everything is happen. Also, Create a Soul. If you haven't yet, /rSoulCaliburCreations is pretty entertaining.

Did that adventure mode from Soul Blade and Soul Calibur 2 come back? I had so much fun with that.

Not really though the story mode has challenges in the same spirit but not nearly as good. And character stories are garbage. Pity anyone who plays Xianghua's story. My girlfriend was livid

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

From what I could gather about the Tira situation she originally might not have been in the game if not for fan demand:

“About Tira, having her in SoulCalibur VI needed some pretty complicated adjustments, so much so that she nearly didn’t make the cut. After we had announced SoulCalibur VI, a lot of fans asked for Tira, so I went to see the development team and asked them to put her in the game, so that’s why she isn’t in the main roster and is DLC.“
    So at least based on what they've said, she was made in addition to the base game instead of simply being taken out of the base game.

You can split hairs on whether or not you think there should have been a DLC price on something that was ready by launch, but at least on their part it doesn't appear to be a result of malicious double dipping.

https://kotaku.com/for-some-reason-s...a-b-1829400014

FFXIV Character

I think it's interesting that they said that they had to had to make complicated adjustments for her. I haven't seen any of her moveset that's any worse the Voldo's, and he was a standard character. I wonder if there's an engine limitation they ran up against, or something similar.

Haven't played through Xianghua's story yet, either. That was on the docket for this weekend. She's never been one of my favourite characters, though. With that being said, Seong Mi-na's story made me a bit mad at first, then reluctantly hopeful that they were playing to ideologies of that time in history, and not just their personal fantasies.

Also they are pushing the grind. Unfortunately. There's supposedly no new outfit material to unlock. No modes to unlock. Everything is open from the beginning except there's like twenty items that are locked and cost 500 - 800 points to unlock. You get between 50 - 150 points beating arcade mode. No halfsies for partial credit and girlfriend says it's a locked at three matches so you can't knock it down to one to speed through. Though even if you could, it would probably dock your points. You earn gold in the created character story and you can convert that to points to buy things, but it's 5,000 gold for 100 points. So what they can't hide is the fact that they want you to buy the points online so you can buy outfit material. And also stats online suggest they are missing around 250 character customization items from previous games. Big surprise

FFXIV Character

You know, it actually sounds really bad when you put it that way, lol. But to be honest, what is a fighting game that's not a grind? It's literally just fighting either the computer or the ai over and over until you get tired of the game. Yeah, the missing clothes is really kind of lame. It's really crappy to hear that they don't have plans to bring them in. Hopefully if enough people complain, they'll get brought it. It seems to have worked for Tira, at any rate. But, I at least have no intention on buying online currency. I'd rather just grind it out, because I guess that's just always been my mentality on fighting games. Someone's probably going to have some snarky comment about that, but honestly, grinding out stuff with my dad over the years are some of my favorite memories with him, it's how we spent time together.

^

Unlocking all the stuff in MK: DA and MvC2 are some of my best memories with my friends.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

Str8 Pimpin'

Don't get me wrong. Unlocking the hundreds of clothes modes fighting styles etc in Soul Calibur 3 was some of my best memories as well. But that wasn't obviously designed to hold you back and try to contact you into spending real money online. You'd unlock one to five things all the time. You could easily make enough in points to buy something in just one fight where here you have to go through eight fights of at least three rounds five times. So... 120'ish fights to buy a shirt. Where previously i could unlock it in one fight if i set up the parameters correctly. And at worse you could set matches to one and put on huge handicap so you could spend an afternoon easily grinding something out if you so choose.

But! I still love this game. Making characters is still a dream. The engine feels more smooth and responsive than previous. I feel more at home with my favorite characters than i have in a long time. It's a fantastic step in the right direction. I just grow leery of skeezy tactics or at least the potential of it

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Most importantly you can remake The Legend of Dragoon characters and that's all they needed to sell me on this game.

43626271_10217011398574763_8319005709916176384_n.jpg