Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Soul Calibur 6

Gust of Wind . . . . . . . . . Dance!

Some of those look really good, actually. O.o

Yeah... I've been making Shining Force characters lol

FFXIV Character

Arianna Harkness (Sargatanas)

I've been trying to make Kan-e-senna, but that hair is something challenging, lol. Also have an awesome joke character that's all shades of pink and named Yandere, and uses Raphael's moveset. Because I'm pretty sure he wins that title this time around.

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

I finished Libra of Souls last night apart from a couple of side things. Sunk about 15 hours into it, so if Soul Chronicle provides even 1/3 of that I'll be happy with the single player content in a Calibur game for the first time in over a decade.

I'm a bit sad at how restrictive the character creator is. Also sad at the lack of stages.

I'm also a bit meh toward the new characters, Azwel kinda falls into the whacky villain niche that the franchise has always had one of and I can kinda put up with him, but Groh just feels like a character made purely by Bandai to appeal to the anime edgelord audience.

Reversal Edges are nice but gimmicky. Critical Edges are... ok. Lethal hits, Guard Gauge etc. the game does a terrible job of tutoring the player through.

Kilik and Maxi are still nightmares in the hands of button-mashers.

Honestly, I've enjoyed the game. But considering Bandai Namco threatened that this might be the last SC game if it doesn't perform well, it does feel like they cut a lot of corners with it. Everything feels good, but nothing feels great.

FFXIV Character

I think you'll probably enjoy soul chronicle. It's also heavily story based. And yeah, Azwel is the whacky crazy villain trope personified. They went way too far over the top with him. But, I'll be honest and say that I jumped on the Groh bandwagon, although part of that is that I could actually figure out his move set pretty decently. For Libra of Souls I pretty much bounced between his and Raphael's weapon styles.

Hopefully they add more stuff to the character creator. It's been the game's most popular feature by far, so it would be a shame if they didn't add more to it.

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aulayna View Post
    Reversal Edges are nice but gimmicky. Critical Edges are... ok. Lethal hits, Guard Gauge etc. the game does a terrible job of tutoring the player through.
    I don't think they've patched it yet, so for now Voldo gets free (meterless, all day long, all you want) critical arts and soul charges from his back turned stance.

Back turn, crouch dash, QCF or QCB A+B+K, and boom. He can even combo into supers from back turned launches thanks to it. It's pretty gross.

FFXIV Character

Isn't there a hotfix coming out soon? I remember reading something about it. Not sure what they're fixing, but it is supposedly coming.

There was a patch on PS4 last night. Not sure what it covers