Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Best Non- Square Enix RPG Competition !

Some of those aren't even good, although I could say the same for a couple of ones that did make it. Might as well throw up images of Beyond the Beyond and Quest 64 while you're at it.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Golbez View Post
    Some of those aren't even good, although I could say the same for a couple of ones that did make it. Might as well throw up images of Beyond the Beyond and Quest 64 while you're at it.
    Fine, will just all agree that Hydlide won this competition instead of P5.

hydlide_usa.png

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

Hydlide bees best girl.

I hadn't heard of Hydlide, but it doesn't seem to have been regarded as a bad game. At least for its time. I'd wager it's a bit primitive to stand up against most of the games in this competition, but I was kind of expecting something notoriously bad.

FFXIV Character

Cattleya Paphia (Sargatanas)

Opinions be opinions

I can't complain too much about none of what would be my top 6 making it in, since I didn't nominate.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

Quote Originally Posted by WarZidane View Post
    Opinions be opinions

I can't complain too much about none of what would be my top 6 making it in, since I didn't nominate.
    Yeah i shouldnt complain abotu master of mind not coming in either for the same Reason

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I hadn't heard of Hydlide, but it doesn't seem to have been regarded as a bad game. At least for its time. I'd wager it's a bit primitive to stand up against most of the games in this competition, but I was kind of expecting something notoriously bad.
    Oh believe me, its bad, the NES port itself is known for being exceptionally awful as well.

Hydlide 2 isn't bad, but a bit grindy, and Hydlide 3D is awful, but actually had some interesting concepts. As for the original I've seen a couple of reviewers cover it. I think ProJared and AVGN did videos on it, and both though it was pretty crazy and stupid, but not only in basic old school ways that are expected, there are actually a lot of crazy secret stuff to continue that I'm not sure many normal people would have figured out back in the day. I imagine most people have fond memories of it simply because it is attached to their childhood. I wonder if anyone who was an actual adult remembers it as fondly from back then