Thread: A dumb little experiment

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Thumbs up A dumb little experiment

Cross your fingers as if you were holding your own hand, or praying.

Okay. Which thumb is on the outside? Is it the thumb of your dominant hand, or non-dominant?

Now switch hand positions. Which thumb is on the outside now, dominant or non-dominant? Does this feel okay, or does it feel bad/uncomfortable?

(If there are any ambidextrous people here, does both ways feel okay, or does one feel more right than the other?)

If you know (don't go grabbing someone to experiment), when you hold hands with someone else, does your thumb go on the outside or inside? Is it dependent of which hand you're holding (your left their right vs your right their left)?

my mind goes to weird places and this just made me curious, so let's see what you all say
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

First up: wtf is up with this place's editing feature. It made me delete my post because I was trying to edit. This forum is broken.

Okay, anyway, my non-dominant hand was on the outside and switching it felt awkward and a bit uncomfortable. Not sure if that has to do with me being a lefty.

As far as holding hands, I don't know, but I imagine it would have to be somewhat dependent on the other person as well.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Re: Editing, I've never known anyone to have a problem. You can edit your post by clicking on the edit button.

Re: Hands: Dominant, switching doesn't feel right, not sure on the holding hands thing and am at work so I can't verify. Pretty sure it depends on who is leading who, as the person on the "front" (leader) should having their wrist further forward. I suspect I'm dominant outside when holding hands and doing nothing / idly walking.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Non-dominant is outside (I’m right-handed), switching around feels weird. When holding hands (my right, her left), my thumb is outside

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    Re: Editing, I've never known anyone to have a problem. You can edit your post by clicking on the edit button.
    I've not been allowed to edit my posts on my phone for a while now. At the top, delete is always pre selected and it'll ask for a reason to delete so I just leave my typos alone now. I forget which theme I use. it's a simple mobile one that has avatars for posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vyk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    I've not been allowed to edit my posts on my phone for a while now. At the top, delete is always pre selected and it'll ask for a reason to delete so I just leave my typos alone now. I forget which theme I use. it's a simple mobile one that has avatars for posts
    Yeah. That's what happened. It's fine on the computer, but it just auto-deletes on the phone.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I’ve thought about this for three hours straight and am scared I’ll never masturbate in the same way again.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

I don't cross either thumb: they sit comfortably against each other. If I have to cross them, then non-dominant thumb on outside feels most natural.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

FFXIV Character

Arianna Harkness (Sargatanas)

I more or less fall into the ambidextrous category. Mostly write with my right hand, though, for the purposes of this experience. Left thumb naturally sits on the outside. Switching feels a bit strange, but it's not unbearable or anything. Mostly it's odd because of the broken finger, though. Makes it sit even more awkwardly than usual.

Δ As above, so below ∇ crashNUMBERS's Avatar
    Blog Entries

my dominant hand (righty) would usually be the thumb on top, but a few years ago I would purposely switch hands to get the other side of my body to be more comfortable in foreign positions.
    same thing with crossing your arms. which hand ends up tucked underneath the other arm?

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Is this some sort of trendy sex move?