Thread: Comic Books

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Cool Comic Books

So I've been in a bit of a comic book mood lately thanks to a coworker and I trying to make our own book. It got me going through my old collection which ended up really surprising me because I was unaware of some of the weird stuff I accumulated thanks to those 20 books for $20 deals. I ended up with a more eclectic collection than I thought, though it is quite smaller than I remember it being.

I've also been catching up on some old-timey classics that I missed out on like finally reading V for Vendetta and The Killing Joke.

For those wondering, I was a hardcore X-Men fan who got into the franchise thanks to the awesome 90s cartoon show. Most of my collection involve the X-Books. What did other people collect? Who are your favorite heroes? Favorite story overall?

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I’ve been thinking about starting up Marvel Unlimited again since Spider-Man PS4 came with a free month code. It’s just really daunting to know what to read or where to start. Last time I had it I was just reading the Ultimate universe stuff since it was somewhat more self contained with a beginning and end.

Anyways, I don’t really have a lot of comics myself. I have the Locke and Key series which I liked quite a bit. I also have Kingdom Come from DCs stuff. I thought I had the graphic novels Marvels and Red Son, but in the end i think those were my roommate’s in college. I enjoyed Scott Pilgrim alright. I also borrowed Bone once, and that may be my favorite comic I’ve read.

Spider-Man and Batman would have been what I collected as a kid if I ever got comics. I was just satisfied watching the cartoons back then, though.

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

READ IT ONLINE FOR FREE!!

I only got into comic books very recently, when an old work colleague gifted me a copy of DIE, a comic about a group of people who were sucked into the world a Dungeons & Dragons-esque tabletop game and have to reflect on their trauma 20 years later. It has an excellent, though rather dark, story and the art style is incredible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christmas View Post
    Quin is wrong and LALA is right.